This vegan almond butter sauce recipe is so easy to make and perfect for a vegan noodle bowl or for veggies! This Asian inspired sauce is gluten free, customizable, and quick to make!
- 1/3 cup creamy almond butter
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoon tamari (sub for low sodium soy sauce if not gluten free)
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger (minced)
- 3 tablespoon water (adjust to desired consistency)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl and mix it well until very smooth. Always adjust to taste and make the adjustment if needed.
- If you are having a hard time mixing the ingredients really well, use a food processor to blend everything.
- For dipping sauce, simply omit or add the water 1 tablespoon at a time until you have the consistency you are looking for.
If the consistency is too thin, add more almond butter to thicken.
Always adjust to taste, you can add more tamari for more salt, maple syrup for sweetness or lemon juice for tanginess.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 192
- Sugar: 7.3g
- Sodium: 421.1mg
- Fat: 15g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 11.9g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Protein: 5.2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: asian almond butter sauce, almond butter dipping sauce, almond butter sauce for veggies