Hi there, I’m Selin! I love creating healthy, easy, simple, delicious, vegan, gluten free, dairy free and whole food plant-based recipes. I’m also a yoga lover, dog mom, and the founder of Avocado Centric!
I created this space to empower you to live a healthier life through the power of plants. You will learn how easy it is to cook delicious plant based recipes for your whole family to enjoy! I try to include process shots, tips and variations, and substitutions in my recipes.
I started my health and wellness journey after meeting my husband who has a severe dairy allergy. I wanted to learn how to cook delicious and healthy dairy-free meals so we both could enjoy them together.
At first, this mission was challenging because there weren’t many dairy-free cooking resources back then. After testing many different dairy alternative foods, I realized that making it from scratch is the most delicious option.
After learning how to eat dairy-free, I also wanted to focus on eating more whole foods because I wanted to nourish my body. In the past, I struggled with maintaining a healthy lifestyle so I didn’t want a quick fix that wasn’t sustainable.
The more I started cooking and eating plant-based foods, the more I wanted to inspire others to do the same. People would often ask me what I am eating or how to make it and this inspired me to share my recipes with others.
Thanks to my photographer husband combined with my love for cooking, we were able to create this place where we can share our passion and experience.
The name Avocado Centric comes from my love for avocados because they are so delicious and versatile. You can use avocados to make sauces like avocado crema, desserts such as avocado chocolate mousse or avocado brownies, drinks like blueberry avocado smoothie, and dishes such as vegan avocado wrap and potato avocado salad.
My mission is that you will find inspiration here at Avocado Centric through my recipes to cook healthy and delicious food. No matter where you are in your life, you will find ways to make changes towards a healthier lifestyle.
All of my recipes are vegan, gluten free and dairy free while also being focused around whole foods. I minimize the use of processed ingredients such as processed vegan meat and cheeses in my recipes.
That being said, I believe in balance in everything so it is important to listen to your body and not be very strict with food. Here are a few examples of my recipes you will find at Avocado Centric.
- I have a lot of bold flavors and spices in my recipes such as my vegan korma or vegan Thai coconut soup but feel free to adjust the seasoning to your taste. Also, always adjust the salt because everyone has different taste buds and salt can change the flavor drastically.
- Experimenting with different cuisines is one of my favorite ways to come up with new recipes and get inspired. You can find many different foods like vegan tamales, Thai peanut noodles, garlic sesame noodles, sweet potato sushi roll, vegan paella, and vegan shakshuka!
- You will see many recipes that use jackfruit and cauliflower because I believe they are a great meat alternative. The texture and the neutral flavor works for many recipes like jackfruit curry, buffalo cauliflower wings, jackfruit stew, and sweet and sour cauliflower.
- I didn't forget about comfort foods such as vegan mac and cheese, baked beans, vegan black bean quinoa burger, and vegan chicken noodle soup.
- You might ask, "what about desserts?". Even though I love food, I am not a big fan of sweets and desserts, I prefer savory foods. I do not enjoy baking either so I share recipes that are foolproof baking like my vegan peach crisp. I also have many no bake recipes because I find them so easy to make such as vegan coconut balls, no bake strawberry cheesecake, and almond butter energy balls.
Stay in Touch!
I’m so happy to have you here, thanks for stopping by. I hope you’ll browse all of my recipes, take a look at my Pinterest page or follow me on Instagram. And if you have any questions or comments, you can contact me here!