This vegan bbq chickpeas recipe is satisfying, quick, and so easy to make! It's is gluten free, perfect for bbq chickpea sandwich, wrap, salad and serving with rice!
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown mustard or dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (adjust to taste)
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- In a medium bowl, add the BBQ sauce, ketchup, onion powder, garlic powder, maple syrup, vinegar, mustard, salt, Sriracha, liquid smoke and mix well.
- Transfer the sauce to a skillet over medium-low heat, cook for 2 minutes. Add the chickpeas to the skillet, cook for 5 to 7 minutes until the sauce is thickened.
- Serve with rice, make into a sandwich, wrap or add it to buddha bowls.
Make it spicy by adding more Sriracha or using red pepper flakes if you like.
You can cook the sauce down until desired consistency.
Always adjust to taste, add salt if needed!
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 162
- Sugar: 16.3g
- Sodium: 674.4mg
- Fat: 1.7g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 31.5g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Protein: 4.9g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: vegan bbq chickpeas, bbq garbanzo beans, vegan barbecue chickpeas recipe