This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
This homemade vegan blueberry avocado smoothie is easy, healthy, and also gluten free! In addition, it’s naturally sweet, made with just 5 ingredients, and quick to make.
You will not believe how easy it is to make this dairy free blueberry avocado smoothie. It is creamy, thick, and also perfect for breakfast or snack!
I love smoothies since I drink my favorite green smoothie every morning. They are a great way to have a nourishing drink while keeping you full.
But, before we jump into the recipe, let’s talk about how you can customize it and learn some tips.
How to make vegan blueberry avocado smoothie
They provide so much flavor and also sweetness. In addition, they are cheaper than buying fresh berries so it’s perfect for this healthy treat. I always use wild blueberries but you can use regular ones if you prefer.
I think avocado makes everything better so we’ll be using some to make this recipe ultra creamy. It is also great way to add some healthy fats.
Ripe frozen bananas are another great way to add creaminess and also sweetness. Just make sure that they are ripe before freezing them so they taste sweet.
Plant Based Milk
Flax Seeds (optional)
I love adding ground flax seeds but you can add hemp seeds, chia seeds or protein powder. There so many options for healthy add-ins.
How to make it
- First, you will need to put all the ingredients into a high-speed blender. And then blend until creamy and smooth. That’s it!
Tips & Variations
- Add a handful of baby spinach or kale for extra greens.
- If the smoothie is too thick, you can add more milk.
- You can make this recipe into a smoothie bowl by using less milk and adding toppings.
- If you find it not creamy and thick enough, you can add more avocado.
Can you use a fresh banana instead of frozen?
Yes! It will not be as cold but you can use fresh bananas if you like. You should also make sure are they are ripe.
Can you freeze Avocado for this blueberry avocado smoothie recipe?
Yes, you can freeze it but make sure it is ripe before you place it in the freezer in a storage bag. Also, you will need to remove the skin and the seed before freezing.
It takes less than 5 minutes to make this quick, dairy-free, and also versatile blueberry avocado smoothie. It is also:
- Ultra Creamy
- Perfect breakfast or snack
- And delicious!
So, did you make this? I’d love for you to leave a comment and rate the recipe. You can also share your photo of the recipe on Pinterest and tag me on Instagram using @avocadocentric or #avocadocentric! xo, Selin
More healthy dairy free sweet recipes
- PEANUT BUTTER ENERGY BALLS (HEALTHY & NO BAKE)
- HOW TO MAKE GRANOLA (HEALTHY & EASY)
- VEGAN ENERGY BALLS (NO BAKE & OIL-FREE)
- VEGAN KEY LIME PIE (GLUTEN-FREE)
- GRANOLA BARS RECIPE (NO BAKE & HEALTHY)
- NO BAKE COOKIE DOUGH BARS
- NO BAKE BROWNIES
- AVOCADO MOUSSE
This homemade vegan blueberry avocado smoothie is easy, healthy, and gluten free! It’s naturally sweet, made with just 5 ingredients, and quick to make.
- 1/2 ripe avocado (remove the pit and peel)
- 1 cup frozen blueberries (wild blueberries if preferred)
- 1 1/2 ripe frozen banana (use fresh if preferred)
- 1 cup plant based milk
- 1 tsp ground flax seeds (optional)
- Add all the ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Serve in a glass and enjoy!
Add a handful of baby spinach or kale for extra greens.
If the smoothie is too thick, add more milk.
Make it into a smoothie bowl by using less milk and adding toppings.
If you find it not creamy and thick enough, add more avocado.
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 207
- Sugar: 18.3g
- Sodium: 97.9mg
- Fat: 7.9g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 35.1g
- Fiber: 6.9g
- Protein: 3.3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: blueberry avocado smoothie, vegan blueberry smoothie, vegan avocado smoothie, dairy free blueberry smoothie