This baked vegan buffalo cauliflower wings recipe is healthy, crispy, and so easy to make! It's gluten free, satisfying, a crowd-pleaser, and perfect as an appetizer or side dish!
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1/2 cup gluten-free flour (sub for regular all purpose if not gluten free)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened plant-based milk
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce (Frank's Red Hot sauce or I like this)
- 2 tablespoon melted vegan butter (sub for coconut oil)
- Preheat the oven to 450 F.
- Break the cauliflower with your hands into bite-size florets. (You can cut it with a knife if needed but you might end up with smaller pieces)
- In a large bowl, make the batter by combining flour, milk, smoked paprika, garlic powder, and salt.
- Add the cauliflower florets into the bowl with the batter and then mix really well until all pieces are coated. (Alternatively, use a ziplock bag and shake the batter and the florets or dip them one at a time into the batter).
- Transfer the florets onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Let any excess batter drip off before placing on the baking sheet and leave space between florets. Bake them at 450F for about 25 minutes flipping halfway through.
- Meanwhile, add the buffalo sauce and melted butter in a small bowl, mix it until combined. (You can melt the butter in the microwave for 15 seconds)
- Take the baked florets out of the oven and then brush them with the buffalo sauce. (Alternatively, dip them into the sauce and place them back onto the baking sheet). Bake them for another 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately with vegan ranch dressing.
If the batter is too thick, add a little bit more milk to thin it out but remember, it shouldn't be dripping out and watery.
If the batter is too watery, add more flour to make it thicker.
While the buffalo cauliflower wings are baking, check frequently to make sure they are not burning.
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 99
- Sugar: 2.8g
- Sodium: 271.5mg
- Fat: 2.8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 16.1g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Protein: 4.3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: baked buffalo cauliflower wings, vegan buffalo cauliflower wings, buffalo cauliflower recipe, Buffalo cauliflower, vegan wings, cauliflower wings