This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
This vegan buffalo chickpea salad recipe is satisfying, quick, and also so easy to make! In addition, it is gluten free, dairy free and perfect as a dip, in a wrap, and made into a sandwich!
This buffalo chickpea salad sandwich is made with mashed chickpeas and homemade vegan mayo from aquafaba but you can use store-bought. I already have a smashed chickpea sandwich recipe but buffalo sauce takes it to the next level!
This recipe is perfect for a quick lunch but it has a lot of flavor. If you are a huge fan of buffalo flavor like I am, you can also try my buffalo hummus, buffalo cauliflower wings, vegan buffalo chicken dip, buffalo cauliflower salad, vegan buffalo cauliflower tacos or vegan buffalo mac and cheese.
Before we jump into the recipe, let's talk about how you can customize it and also learn some tips.
How to make Vegan Buffalo Chickpea Salad
We will be using canned chickpeas so make sure to rinse and drain. Mashing them with a fork gives them a great texture and works really well in this recipe.
I prefer to make my own vegan mayo with aquafaba because it's so easy and you can use the liquid from the can of chickpeas you open. You can also use store-bought vegan mayo if you don't want to make your own.
You can really use any buffalo sauce but my all-time favorite is this hot buffalo sauce. You can also use Frank's Red Hot Sauce for this.
Celery and red onions
I like adding celery because it gives flavor and texture. Red onions work great but you can use green onions if you want to have a milder onion taste.
Brown mustard and salt
I love brown mustard but you can sub for dijon if you want. Always taste and adjust the salt for flavor.
How to Make it
- You will start by adding the rinsed and drained chickpeas to a medium bowl and then mash them using a fork. You should leave some texture and avoid completely mashing all the chickpeas.
- Now, add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and then mix everything really well. You can add the salad between two pieces of bread, add cucumber slices, and lettuce to make a sandwich. You can also use it in a wrap or serve it with crackers as a dip.
Tips & Variations
- You can add any other veggies into the salad such as bell peppers or you can add chopped pickles.
- You can also add more buffalo sauce if you want it spicier.
- Always adjust to taste and add salt if needed!
Frequently asked questions
Yes, make sure to cook them really well until they are soft.
I recommend sticking to using buffalo sauce since the flavor is completely different.
You can use mashed avocado instead of mayo if you do not want to use mayo.
How to store it
You can store this buffalo chickpea salad in the fridge by placing it in an airtight container. It should last 3 to 4 days so it's great for meal prep!
This vegan buffalo chickpea salad is healthy, quick and also very easy to make. In addition, it is:
- Gluten free
- Great for meal prep
- Also so delicious!
More plant based chickpea recipes to try
- Sweet and Sour Chickpeas
- Chickpea Avocado Salad
- Vegan Chickpea Meatballs
- Chickpea Tomato Spinach Curry
- Chickpea Stir Fry
- BBQ Chickpeas
So, did you make this? I’d love for you to leave a comment and rate the recipe. You can also share your photo of the recipe on Pinterest and tag me on Instagram using @avocadocentric or #avocadocentric! xo, SelinPrint
This vegan buffalo chickpea salad recipe is plant based, satisfying, quick and so easy to make! It is gluten free, dairy free and perfect as a dip, in a wrap, and made into a sandwich!
- Add the rinsed and drained chickpeas to a medium bowl and mash them using a fork. You should leave some texture and avoid completely mashing all the chickpeas.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (mayo, buffalo sauce, red onions, celery, brown mustard, salt) to the bowl, mix everything really well.
- You can add the salad between two pieces of bread, add cucumber slices, and lettuce to make a sandwich. You can also use it in a wrap or serve it with crackers as a dip.
Add any other veggies into the salad such as bell peppers or you can add chopped pickles.
You can also add more buffalo sauce if you want it spicier.
Always adjust to taste and add salt if needed!
- Serving Size: 4-6
- Calories: 155
- Sugar: 0.7g
- Sodium: 1110.8mg
- Fat: 7g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 16.7g
- Fiber: 5.5g
- Protein: 6.6g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: vegan buffalo chickpea salad, buffalo chickpea sandwich, buffalo chickpea salad sandwich