This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
This creamy vegan buffalo hummus is the best because it is so easy to make and healthy! In addition, it's gluten free, homemade, spicy, and quick to make.
This buffalo hummus dip is made with simple ingredients but it's so flavorful. It makes an amazing veggie dip but also delicious with pita chips, bread, or as a sandwich spread.
I already have oil free hummus recipe and chipotle hummus recipe but this is a great way to change up the flavors. You can eat it with homemade falafel or dollop on falafel bowls so it's versatile. If you love buffalo flavor, you should also try my buffalo cauliflower sandwich, vegan buffalo cauliflower tacos, buffalo chickpea salad, buffalo cauliflower salad, vegan buffalo mac and cheese or vegan buffalo chicken dip!
You can also make it as meal prep and use it throughout the week. It's such a crowd pleaser so make it for your next gathering or parties as an appetizer!
Before we jump into the recipe, let's talk about how you can customize it and learn some tips.
How to make vegan buffalo hummus dip
Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans)
We will be using canned chickpeas so this recipe comes together very fast. You will need to make sure that you drain and rinse the chickpeas.
Tahini is the secret ingredient to make this creamy buffalo hummus so I don't recommend omitting it. You should also make sure to use good quality and pourable tahini as it makes a difference.
Buffalo sauce is the ingredient that gives all the flavor so make sure to get a good quality one. I prefer using this brand but you can use Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce if you prefer.
Freshly squeezed lemon juice gives it a tangy flavor so I don't recommend omitting it. You can also use lime juice if that's what you have.
Fresh garlic really brings so much flavor but you can use roasted garlic instead.
Adding olive oil makes it very creamy and also easy to work with. You can also use garlic infused olive oil if you are a garlic fan like me!
Salt & Smoked Paprika
I love using smoked paprika because it gives so much flavor. Always adjust to taste and also add more salt if needed.
How to make it
- First, rinse and drain the chickpeas and then add all the ingredients into a high speed blender like Vitamix.
- Next, blend until you have the desired consistency. If you like the consistency to be thinner, you can also add a little more water. But, always adjust to taste and serve.
How to use it
There are so many ways to use it but here are some ideas:
- Serve it with pita bread or pita chips.
- Dip veggies, crackers, falafel or top your falafel bowl.
- Use it as a sandwich spread or on bagels.
- After blending, place it in the fridge for an hour so it will be cold and get thicker.
- If the recipe is too thick, add more water.
- Make sure to use a high-speed blender and not a food processor if you want to make it very creamy and smooth.
- Always adjust to taste and add more salt if needed!
Can you make it with no oil?
You can try but it won't be as creamy. You can also add a little bit more tahini if you are not using oil to make it.
How to store it
You can store it in the fridge, covered, for up to 1 week. It even tastes more delicious as it cools down!
This homemade dip recipe comes together in 5 minutes and it is very easy. It is also:
- Gluten free and Soy free
- Smooth & Ultra Creamy
- Also so delicious!
More plant based sauces & dips to try
So, did you make this? I’d love for you to leave a comment and rate the recipe. You can also share your photo of the recipe on Pinterest and tag me on Instagram using @avocadocentric or #avocadocentric! xo, SelinPrint
This creamy vegan buffalo hummus is so easy to make and healthy! It's gluten free, homemade, spicy, and quick to make.
- 2 (15 oz) cans garbanzo beans/chickpeas (drained & rinsed)
- ¼ cup tahini
- ⅓ cup buffalo sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ¾ cup to 1 cup water (adjust as needed)
- ¼ tsp salt
- Add all the ingredients to a high speed blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. If you like the consistency to be thinner, add a little more water at a time.
- Serve immediately or cool it in the fridge for 1 hour before serving.
Make sure to use a high speed blender and not a food processor if you want to make it very creamy and smooth.
Always adjust to taste and add more salt if needed!
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 261
- Sugar: 3.6g
- Sodium: 587.1mg
- Fat: 16.7g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 22.8g
- Fiber: 6.2g
- Protein: 7.9g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: vegan buffalo hummus, homemade buffalo hummus, spicy hummus