This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
This homemade vegan cashew garlic sauce is creamy, smooth, satisfying, quick, and so easy to make! In addition, this vegan garlic sauce is dairy free, gluten free, perfect for dipping fries or veggies!
I love creating healthy sauces because they really give so much flavor to plant based dishes. Store-bought sauces can be expensive and when you make it at home, you can control the ingredients.
Raw cashews are a great base for creamy sauces but you'll need to make sure to use a high-speed blender to make it very smooth. If you like cashew sauces, you can also try my vegan chipotle sauce, vegan cheese sauce, ranch dressing, vegan white sauce, vegan hollandaise sauce, caesar dressing, and vegan cashew pesto.
Before we jump into the recipe, let's learn some tips on how to make this delicious sauce.
How to make vegan cashew garlic sauce
We will be using soaked raw cashews for the base so we can achieve the creamy texture. I don't recommend using roasted cashews because it will change the flavor.
For the liquid, we are keeping it simple and using just water. If you want this sauce to be thinner, you can always add more water.
Garlic and Garlic Powder
Star of the show! We will use both garlic cloves and garlic powder because they give so much flavor. I find that garlic powder adds some depth so I highly recommend it.
Lemon Juice and Salt
Freshly squeezed lemon juice gives a tangy flavor but you can sub for lime juice. Always adjust the salt and add more if needed.
How to make it
- First, you will need to soak the cashews in boiling hot water for at least 15 minutes and then rinse and drain.
- Next, add all the ingredients including soaked cashews in a high-speed blender and then blend until smooth and creamy.
- You can use it immediately or store it in the fridge for 30 minutes to cool before serving.
How to use it
- Dip fishless crab cakes
- Spread it on black bean quinoa burger or sweet potato sushi roll
- Dip roasted potatoes or roasted sweet potatoes
- Also, add it to sandwiches, BBQ Jackfruit pizza or wraps
Tips & Variations
- Make sure to use a high-speed blender because that will make it smooth and creamy.
- If the vegan garlic sauce is too thick, you can also add more water.
- Always adjust to taste and add more salt as needed!
How to store it
You can store this vegan cashew garlic sauce in the fridge, covered, for up to 4 to 5 days. You may need to add a little bit of water if the consistency got very thick so keep that in mind.
Frequently Asked Questions
I don't recommend it because it will change the taste and texture.
Yes, nutritional yeast would work in this recipe.
Make sure to use a high speed blender and not a food processor because it will not be as creamy.
This homemade dipping sauce comes together so quickly and it is very easy and versatile. It is also:
- Ultra creamy
- Gluten free, egg free and dairy free
- Also so delicious!
More plant based sauces & dips to try
So, did you make this? I’d love for you to leave a comment and rate the recipe. You can also share your photo of the recipe on Pinterest and tag me on Instagram using @avocadocentric or #avocadocentric! xo, SelinPrint
This vegan cashew garlic sauce is creamy, smooth, satisfying, quick, and so easy to make! Dairy free, gluten free, perfect for dipping fries or veggies!
- 1 ½ cup raw cashews
- ¾ cup water
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt (adjust to taste)
- Add the cashews to a bowl, cover with boiling hot water and soak for at least 15 minutes. Rinse and drain.
- Add the soaked cashews, water, garlic cloves, garlic powder, lemon juice, and salt in a high speed blender, blend until very smooth and creamy.
- Serve immediately or store it in the fridge for 3o minutes to cool before serving.
Make sure to use a high speed blender because that will make it smooth and creamy.
If the sauce is too thick, you can add more water.
Always adjust to taste and add more salt as needed!
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 150
- Sugar: 1.3g
- Sodium: 5.3mg
- Fat: 11.9g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 8.9g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: vegan garlic sauce, vegan garlic dip, cashew garlic dip, vegan cashew sauce, dairy free garlic dip