This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
This is the best vegan chickpea avocado salad because it is healthy, simple, creamy and so easy to make! In addition, it’s gluten free, customizable, and perfect for meal-prep or weeknight dinners or lunches!
This Mediterranean chickpea salad is perfect to enjoy by itself, as a side dish, or bring to a potluck because it’s a crowd-pleaser! It is also light and refreshing for summers but full of flavor.
Since I love eating a big bowl of healthy and hearty salads like my quinoa tabbouleh, white bean salad or Mediterranean quinoa salad, this chickpea avocado salad is right up my alley. It comes together quickly so it’s perfect for a healthy lunch just like my vegan avocado wrap!
The best part is that this salad can be made ahead of time so it’s great for weekly meal prep just like my smashed chickpeas sandwiches. The easy and light dressing makes this dish creamy too.
Before we jump into the recipe, let’s talk about how you can customize it and learn some tips.
How to make Vegan Chickpea Avocado Salad
Garbanzo Beans (Chickpeas)
Adding garbanzo beans to this salad makes it very filling and also adds protein. Make sure to rinse and then drain them really well.
Avocado makes this dish so creamy and delicious. If you are meal prepping, I don’t recommend adding the avocado until you are serving this salad because it will get brown.
Roasted Red Peppers & Tomatoes
Roasted red peppers give so much flavor and also add a great texture. I like adding grape tomatoes because they are the perfect bite-size!
Cucumbers and Artichoke hearts
Cucumbers are delicious and also add a great crunch. I like adding some artichoke hearts from a jar because of texture and flavor. But you can omit it if you like.
For salads, I always prefer to use red onions because I find they hold up well and taste great. You can also use white and yellow onions or try adding green onions (scallions).
Fresh parsley gives this salad a very unique taste but you can sub for cilantro. You can also add any other fresh herbs such as basil if you want.
Chickpea Avocado Salad Dressing
My go-to salad dressing for this vegan chickpea salad is a combination of olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, brown mustard, salt, and red pepper flakes. But you can play around and with the flavors and always adjust to taste.
How to make it
This recipe is very easy to make so it will become your go-to lunch or dinner!
- First, you will need to rinse and then drain the chickpeas.
- Next, chop up all the veggies into small pieces. And then make the dressing by mixing the dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Now, you can add all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl. And then pour the dressing over and mix well. That’s it!
Tips & Variations
- Try adding vegan feta cheese for a salty bite.
- Change up the veggies and use bell peppers, kale or some olives.
- Always adjust to taste, add more salt if needed!
What to Serve Chickpea Avocado Salad with?
- Pair with a healthy soup such as red lentil or split pea soup
- Make it a meal by adding falafel
- Serve with some vegan crab cakes
How long does it last in the fridge?
You can store this chickpea avocado salad covered, in the fridge for up to 5 days. But make sure to add the avocado before you serve so it doesn’t get brown.
This healthy recipe comes together so fast and it is very easy and versatile. It is also:
- Vegan & Gluten-free
- Simple & Filling
- Flavorful & Healthy
- Perfect for meal prep or weeknight dinners
- Also so delicious!
MORE plant-based recipes to try
- VEGAN MEATBALLS RECIPE (GLUTEN-FREE & EASY)
- LENTIL BOLOGNESE (VEGAN & GLUTEN-FREE)
- VEGAN MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE (EASY & GLUTEN-FREE)
- PASTA SALAD (EASY & QUICK)
- ORANGE CAULIFLOWER
- VEGAN PAELLA
So, did you make this? I’d love for you to leave a comment and rate the recipe. You can also share your photo of the recipe on Pinterest and tag me on Instagram using @avocadocentric or #avocadocentric! xo, SelinPrint
This is the best vegan chickpea avocado salad because it is healthy, simple, creamy and so easy to make! It’s gluten-free, customizable, and perfect for meal-prep or weeknight dinners or lunches!
Chickpea Avocado Salad
- 2 (15 ounces) cans chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 avocado (sliced)
- 1/4 cup red onions (chopped)
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes (sliced it half)
- 1/2 cup cucumbers (sliced)
- 3 tbsp parsley (chopped)
- 1/4 marinated artichoke hearts (chopped)
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers (chopped)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar (sub for apple cider vinegar)
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp brown mustard (sub for dijon)
- Chop up all the veggies into small pieces.
- Make the dressing by mixing the dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add all the salad ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Pour the dressing over and mix well.
If you want to store the salad, add the avocado before serving so it doesn’t get brown.
Try adding vegan feta cheese for a salty bite.
Change up the veggies and use bell peppers, kale or some olives.
Always adjust to taste, add more salt if needed!
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 193
- Sugar: 4.7g
- Sodium: 444.9mg
- Fat: 8.7g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 23.6g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 6.7g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: vegan chickpea salad, Mediterranean Chickpea salad, chickpea avocado salad, chickpea salad