This creamy vegan chipotle hummus is so easy to make and healthy! It's gluten free, homemade, spicy, and quick to make.
- 2 (15 oz) cans of garbanzo beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 to 2 chipotle peppers and 1 to 2 tablespoons adobo sauce from a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (adjust to taste)
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup to 1 cup water (adjust)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or more
- Add all the ingredients into a high speed blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
After blending, place it in the fridge for an hour so it will be cold and get thicker.
If the recipe is too thick, add more water.
Make sure to use a high-speed blender and not a food processor if you want to make it very creamy and smooth.
Always adjust to taste and add more salt if needed!
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 247
- Sugar: 3.6g
- Sodium: 378.1mg
- Fat: 14.4g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 22.2g
- Fiber: 5.8g
- Protein: 7.7g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: vegan chipotle hummus, spicy hummus recipe, chipotle hummus recipe