This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
I'm sharing how to make granola that is healthy and easy because store-bought granola is so expensive! This recipe is also vegan, gluten-free and naturally sweetened.
It is really shocking how expensive store-bought granola is especially how easy is to make it homemade. I also think it tastes so much better and your house will smell amazing.
I don't really have a sweet tooth at all but I love anything spicy and salty! I don't like overly sweet recipes but this one is perfect just like my vegan berry crumble!
How to Make Homemade Granola
This recipe only uses a few natural ingredients and also most of them are pantry staples.
I always use gluten-free rolled oats and if I can find sprouted one, that's even better! But you can use regular rolled oats if you prefer.
Anything coconut is my favorite so I use large coconut flakes for this healthy and simple recipe. You can also use medium coconut flakes if that's all you can find.
Raw almonds & walnuts
I went for raw almonds and walnuts but you can change it up and use pecans, cashews or macadamia nuts. If you want to make a nut-free version, you can also use sunflower seeds or pepitas.
Coconut sugar & maple syrup
A mix of coconut sugar and maple syrup gives just the right amount of sweetness but you can put more sugar or syrup if you want it sweeter.
I think coconut oil works great without giving too much flavor. If you are subbing it, I would avoid using olive oil since it has a strong flavor.
Cinnamon & a pinch of salt
Using cinnamon really gives this warming spice feeling and smell but you can also use pumpkin spice. Oh and don't forget a pinch of salt so you can bring out the sweetness.
How to Make Granola Step by Step
- First, add the oats, coconut flakes, almonds, walnuts, coconut sugar, salt, and cinnamon into a large bowl and mix it well.
- And then add maple syrup and coconut oil in a small bowl, give it a good mix. If your coconut oil is not liquified, you can put it in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Now, you can add the maple syrup and coconut oil mixture into the dry ingredients and mix them well.
- After the ingredients are mixed, you can arrange it on a baking sheet. You don't want the ingredients to be so close to each other but you also don't want it to have gaps. If you are going for chunky granola, have them closer to each other.
- Bake the granola for about 20 to 25 minutes at 350 F until lightly golden. You don't want to move it around so it sticks together and becomes crispy and chunky. It may not look like done at first but when it's cooled, it will crisp up.
Tips and Variations
- You can add dried fruit for some extra sweetness, texture, and also flavor. You can use dried raisins, cherries, or apricots.
- Also, you can add vegan chocolate chips after it cools down.
- You should check on your granola halfway through to avoid burning. If you notice it starts to brown on the edges, give it a gentle toss.
- Avoid mixing too much so you don't lose the clusters and get chunky pieces.
Uses for Homemade Granola
- You can use homemade granola as a cereal for breakfast by adding oat milk, almond milk, or cashew milk.
- Top your homemade ice cream.
- Add it to your smoothie bowl for a little crunch.
- It's also a great snack when you are running out the door so grab a handful!
How to store granola
You can store homemade granola in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 week, or in a sealed freezer bag in the freezer for up to 2 to 3 months.
It takes 30 minutes to make this quick, easy, healthy, and also versatile recipe. It is also :
- Naturally sweet
- And delicious!
More healthy vegan sweet recipes like this
- BANANA ICE CREAM RECIPE (HEALTHY & VEGAN)
- PEANUT BUTTER ENERGY BALLS (HEALTHY & NO BAKE)
- VEGAN ENERGY BALLS (NO BAKE & OIL-FREE)
- VEGAN KEY LIME PIE (GLUTEN-FREE)
- GRANOLA BARS RECIPE (NO BAKE & HEALTHY)
- HOW TO MAKE A SMOOTHIE BOWL (VEGAN)
- BAKED OATMEAL RECIPE ( VEGAN & EASY )
- NO BAKE COOKIE DOUGH BARS
So did you make this recipe? I’d love for you to leave a comment and rate the recipe. You can also share your photo of the recipe on Pinterest and tag me on Instagram using @avocadocentric or #avocadocentric! xo, SelinPrint
Learn how to make granola that is healthy and easy because store-bought granola is so expensive! It is also vegan, gluten-free and naturally sweetened.
- In a large bowl, add oats, coconut flakes, almonds, walnuts, coconut sugar, salt, and cinnamon and mix it.
- In a small bowl add maple syrup and coconut oil and give it a mix. If your coconut oil is not liquified, put it in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Add the maple syrup and coconut oil mixture into the dry ingredients and mix them well.
- In a baking sheet, add a parchment paper or oil it with coconut oil. Arrange the mixture on the baking sheet. If you want chunky granola, have them closer to each other.
- Bake the granola at 350 F for about 20 to 25 minutes until lightly golden. Don't disturb during cooking.
- After the granola cools down, it will get crispy. Enjoy!
Add dried fruit such as dried raisins, cherries, or apricots for extra sweetness, texture, and flavor.
Add vegan chocolate chips after it cools down.
Check on your granola halfway through to avoid burning. If you notice it starts to brown on the edges, give it a gentle toss.
Avoid mixing too much so you don't lose the clusters and get chunky pieces.
- Serving Size: 12
- Calories: 148
- Sugar: 6.5g
- Sodium: 15.9mg
- Fat: 9.5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 13.3g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: how to make granola, easy granola recipe, vegan granola recipe, chunky granola recipe, healthy granola recipe