This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
This vegan kale avocado salad is healthy, simple and also so easy to make! In addition, it’s gluten free, customizable, made with massaged kale and avocado dressing!
It is perfect to enjoy by itself, as a side dish, or make a batch because it’s a crowd-pleaser! It is also light and refreshing for summers but full of flavor.
Since I love eating a large bowl of healthy and hearty salads like my caesar salad, quinoa tabbouleh, or white bean salad, this massaged kale salad is right up my alley. It comes together quickly so it’s perfect for a healthy lunch just like my white bean kale salad or vegan avocado wrap!
The best part is that kale is hardy so it doesn’t get soggy. The easy and light dressing makes this dish creamy too.
Before we jump into the recipe, let’s talk about how you can customize it and learn some tips.
How to make Vegan Kale Avocado Salad
We will be massaging it so it will be soft. If you prefer, you can use baby kale since it will have a milder flavor.
It makes this dish so creamy and delicious. We will also be adding it to the dressing. If you are meal prepping, I don’t recommend adding the avocado until you are serving this salad because it will get brown.
Pepitas (Pumpkin Seeds)
Pepitas provide a crunch element but you can use sunflower seeds instead. You can also add roasted pine nuts for even more flavor.
Dates are amazing in salads if you have never tried them because they make it sweet. You can also use another dried fruit if you prefer.
Vegan Parmesan Cheese (optional)
Vegan homemade parmesan cheese gives a salty and cheesy bite but you can omit it if you like. You can also use store-bought.
My go-to salad dressing for this dish is a combination of avocado, lime juice, cilantro, garlic, maple syrup, and mustard. We will massage the dressing into the kale so it will be coated really well.
How to make it
- First, make the dressing by adding all the dressing ingredients into a food processor or a blender and then blend until smooth and creamy.
- Now, you can chop the kale into small pieces and transfer it into a large mixing bowl. And then pour about 3 tablespoons of the dressing over the kale and massage it until the leaves are tender and coated.
- Now, you can add the avocado chunks, pepitas, and dates and then pour over the rest of the dressing, mix well. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese if preferred and that’s it!
Tips & Variations
- Try adding vegan feta cheese for a salty bite.
- You can also add quinoa and beans for a more filling meal.
- Add different dried fruits, olives, bell peppers, corn or any other vegetables you like.
- Always adjust to taste, add more salt if needed!
What to Serve Kale Avocado Salad with?
- Pair with a healthy soup such as red lentil or split pea soup
- Make it a meal by adding falafel
- Serve with some vegan crab cakes
How long does Kale avocado salad last in the fridge?
You can store this salad covered, in the fridge for up to 3 days. But make sure to add the avocado before you serve so it doesn’t get brown.
This healthy recipe comes together so fast and it is very easy and versatile. It is also:
- Plant based & Gluten free
- Simple & Filling
- Flavorful & Healthy
- Also so delicious!
MORE plant based recipes to try
- PASTA SALAD (EASY & QUICK)
- ORANGE CAULIFLOWER
- VEGAN SESAME CHICKEN
- TIKKA MASALA
- CHICKPEA MEATBALLS
So, did you make this? I’d love for you to leave a comment and rate the recipe. You can also share your photo of the recipe on Pinterest and tag me on Instagram using @avocadocentric or #avocadocentric! xo, SelinPrint
This vegan kale avocado salad is healthy, simple and so easy to make! It’s gluten free, customizable, made with massaged kale and avocado dressing!
Kale Avocado Salad
- 1 bunch kale (chopped)
- 1/2 avocado (chopped)
- 1/4 cup pepitas (sub for sunflower seeds or pine nuts)
- 6 dates (chopped)
- vegan parmesan cheese (optional for serving)
- 2 servings of avocado dressing (recipe makes 4 servings)
- Prepare the avocado dressing according to the recipe and set aside. This recipe makes 4 servings, you only need 2 servings for this salad. You can reduce the measurement by half if you don’t want any leftover dressing.
- Add the chopped the kale into a large mixing bowl. Pour about 3 tablespoons of the dressing over the kale and massage it until the leaves are tender and coated.
- Add the avocado chunks, pepitas and dates into the bowl with the massaged kale. Pour the rest of the dressing over and mix well.
- Sprinkle with vegan parmesan cheese for serving.
Add vegan feta cheese for a salty bite or quinoa and beans for a more filling meal.
Try adding different dried fruits, olives, bell peppers, corn or any other vegetables you like.
Always adjust to taste!
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 388
- Sugar: 8.8
- Sodium: 133.8
- Fat: 16.1
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 62.3
- Fiber: 10.4
- Protein: 8.4
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: kale avocado salad, vegan kale salad, vegan avocado kale salad