This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
This Mediterranean Quinoa Salad is healthy, simple, and also so easy to make! In addition, it's vegan, gluten-free, customizable, and perfect for meal-prep!
This salad is perfect to enjoy by itself, as a side dish or bring to a potluck because it's a crowd-pleaser just like my chickpea avocado, kale avocado salad or white bean salad. You can also serve it with homemade falafel to make it into a great Mediterranean meal.
I love meal-prepping quinoa because you can use it for so many dishes like buddha bowls, burritos, or burrito bowls. Also, if you want to change up the flavors, try my cilantro-lime quinoa or quinoa tabbouleh recipes!
Before we jump into the recipe, let's talk about how you can customize it and learn some tips.
How do you make Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
To keep this salad gluten-free and healthy, I use quinoa but you can sub it for another grain if you like. You can try bulgur, farro, brown rice, couscous and also millet.
Garbanzo Beans (Chickpeas)
Adding garbanzo beans to this salad makes it very filling and also healthy. I just rinse and drain the chickpeas from the can for this salad but you can also bake and use crispy chickpeas!
Cucumbers are one of my favorite veggies so I'm really picky about finding the perfect ones. They need to be really crunchy and also fresh.
I find that Persian cucumbers taste the best so I recommend it if you can find it. You can also use English cucumbers or another variety if you like.
Tomatoes give that juicy flavor to this Mediterranean Quinoa Salad but you can sub for sun-dried tomatoes. You can also use any kind you like such as roma, grape, or heirloom.
Kalamata Olives and Artichoke hearts
I love olives because they are salty and delicious. You can find affordable olives at Costco and also use green olives if you prefer.
I also added some artichoke hearts from a jar for more texture and flavor. But you can omit it if you like.
For salads, I always prefer to use red onions because I find they hold up well and taste great. You can also use white and yellow onions or try adding green onions (scallions).
Fresh basil gives this salad a very unique taste but you can sub for another herb. So you can try adding parsley or cilantro. You can also add leafy greens such as kale or arugula!
Dressing for Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
My go-to salad dressing for any Mediterranean salad is my Greek salad dressing. You only need 5 ingredients to make it but you can also use a simple vinaigrette as well.
How to make it
This recipe is very easy to make so it will become your go-to lunch or dinner!
- First, you will need to cook the quinoa either according to package directions or simply cooking it for 15 to 20 minutes.
- While quinoa is cooking, you can chop up all the veggies into small pieces and then make the dressing.
- Now, you can add the quinoa and all the veggies into a large mixing bowl.
- Last, add the dressing to the bowl and mix well. That's it!
Tips & Variations
- You can add roasted bell peppers and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Try adding vegan feta cheese!
- Add leafy greens such as kale or spinach.
- You can also prepare the quinoa ahead of time.
- Always adjust to taste, add more salt if needed!
Do you eat Mediterranean Quinoa Salad hot or cold
You can really choose if you want to eat this salad warm or cold. You don't want to warm up the salad because there are fresh veggies. But if you want to add the quinoa while it's warm, you will have a warmer salad.
How long does quinoa salad last in the fridge
You can store this salad in the fridge for 2 to 3 days but I recommend not storing it with fresh tomatoes and cucumbers. You should also store the salad dressing separately so your salad doesn't get soggy. Before you eat, you can add fresh veggies and dressing.
This healthy recipe comes together so fast and it is very easy and versatile. It is also :
- Also so delicious!
MORE VEGAN Mediterranean recipes to try
- BEST TAHINI SAUCE RECIPE (EASY & CREAMY)
- BEST CREAMY HUMMUS RECIPE (EASY & OIL-FREE!)
- EASY VEGAN FALAFEL BOWL (GLUTEN-FREE)
- RED LENTIL SOUP RECIPE (STOVETOP OR INSTANT POT)
- HOW TO MAKE TZATZIKI SAUCE (VEGAN & EASY)
So did you make this? I’d love for you to leave a comment and rate the recipe. You can also share your photo of the recipe on Pinterest and tag me on Instagram using @avocadocentric or #avocadocentric! xo, SelinPrint
This Mediterranean Quinoa Salad is healthy, simple, and so easy to make! It's vegan, gluten-free, customizable, and perfect for meal-prep!
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (1 cup uncooked)
- 1 cup garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 2 medium tomatoes (diced)
- 2 medium cucumbers (diced)
- ½ cup kalamata olives (chopped)
- 2 tbs artichoke hearts (chopped)
- ½ medium red onion (diced)
- ¼ cup fresh basil (chopped)
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions. Alternatively, add the 1 cup rinsed quinoa in a medium pot with 2 cups of water. Bring it to a boil and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Fluff the quinoa with a fork.
- While quinoa is cooking, chop up all the veggies into small pieces.
- To make the dressing, add all the dressing ingredients to a mason jar or a container with a tight lid. Cover and shake vigorously until combined. Alternatively, add all the ingredients, except the olive oil into a bowl and whisk them together. Slowly add the olive oil and whisk vigorously until the dressing is emulsified and creamy.
- Add the quinoa and all the veggies into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the dressing to the bowl and mix well.
- Adjust to taste!
Add roasted bell peppers and sun-dried tomatoes.
Try adding vegan feta cheese.
Add leafy greens such as kale or spinach.
Prepare the quinoa ahead of time to save time.
Check out the post for other variations and storage instructions.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 507
- Sugar: 7.4g
- Sodium: 337.8mg
- Fat: 14g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 80.3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: healthy quinoa salad recipes, easy quinoa recipes, mediterranean quinoa salad, quinoa salad