This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
These homemade no bake cookie dough bars are vegan, gluten-free, healthy and also easy to make! In addition, this recipe is dairy-free, quick, refined sugar-free, and can be made keto-friendly!
These delicious bars are made from no bake soft cookie dough and then topped with a creamy chocolate glaze. The best part is that you’ll only need 6 simple ingredients to make these sweet treats.
I am a huge fan of raw, no bake healthy dessert as you can tell from my vegan cheesecake, homemade peanut butter cups or peanut butter energy balls. Since they come together quickly and no baking involved, you can make them any time.
Before we jump into the recipe, let’s talk about how you can customize it and learn some tips.
How do you make vegan no bake cookie dough bars
Since these no bake cookie dough bars are gluten-free, we will be using almond flour. You can swap it for oat or coconut flour but keep in mind the consistency and the ratio may change.
To keep these no bake cookie dough bars vegan, I use these mini vegan chocolate chips but you can use any kind you like. For the glaze, you can also swap these for melted dark chocolate if you prefer.
Peanut butter works great for this recipe but you can swap it for almond or cashew butter if you like. Make sure to use good quality, runny and unsalted peanut butter so you can achieve better consistency and taste.
We will be adding a little bit of coconut oil to the chocolate chips when we are melting it. This will help with keeping the chocolate glaze smooth and also easy to work with.
This recipe is naturally sweetened so I chose to use maple syrup. But you can also use another liquid sweetener of choice if you prefer.
Adding salt really brings the sweetness out but you can skip it if you like. I always go for pink Himalayan sea salt but you can use any kind of salt you want.
How to make them step by step
- First, you will need to line an 8×8 or 9×6 baking pan with parchment paper and set aside. Then, in a medium bowl combine almond flour, peanut butter, maple syrup, and salt and mix it well. After combined, just fold in the chocolate chips.
- Now, you can transfer the no bake cookie dough to the pan that you lined with parchment paper and pressed down with your hands into an even layer. You will put the pan in the freezer for 5 minutes while making the chocolate glaze.
- Next, you will make the chocolate glaze by combining the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small bowl. And then, place the bowl in the microwave for 20-second intervals and melt the chocolate for the glaze.
- Now, we will take out the pan from the freezer and spread the chocolate glaze over the top evenly. And then place it in the freezer for another 15 minutes until it sets.
- You can cut into 16 small bars and also top with salt to serve.
Tips & Variations
- Add a tsp of vanilla extract for some vanilla flavor.
- To keep this recipe allergy-friendly, you can use sun butter instead of peanut butter. You can also swap almond flour with oat flour.
- Since they don’t have any preservatives, you should store them in the fridge.
- You can also swap the maple syrup for any other type of sweetener you like.
- Make sure to use creamy peanut butter for these no bake cookie dough bars to get a better consistency.
How to make these no bake cookie dough bars keto friendly
You can use keto-friendly maple syrup instead of regular maple syrup. Also, swap the chocolate chips for keto friendly chocolate chips.
Is it safe to eat raw cookie dough bars ?
Since we are not using any eggs, it is safe to consume these bars. So, you don’t have to worry about salmonella.
How long do no-bake cookie dough bars last?
You can store these bars in an airtight container for up to 7 days in the fridge. I find they taste even better as they sit in the fridge.
Can you freeze these?
Yes, they actually freeze well and taste great right out of the freezer. You can keep them in the freezer for at least 1 month.
This recipe comes together quickly and it is very easy and versatile. It is also:
- Vegan & Gluten-free
- Healthier treat
- Rich and decadent
- Also so delicious!
MORE VEGAN sweet recipes to try
- BANANA ICE CREAM RECIPE (HEALTHY & VEGAN)
- VEGAN KEY LIME PIE (GLUTEN-FREE)
- VEGAN ENERGY BALLS (NO BAKE & OIL-FREE)
- GRANOLA BARS RECIPE (NO BAKE & HEALTHY)
- STRAWBERRY SORBET
- NO BAKE BROWNIES
- AVOCADO BROWNIES
So, did you make these? I’d love for you to leave a comment and rate the recipe. You can also share your photo of the recipe on Pinterest and tag me on Instagram using @avocadocentric or #avocadocentric! xo, SelinPrint
These homemade no bake cookie dough bars are vegan, gluten-free, healthy and also easy to make! This recipe is dairy-free, quick, refined sugar-free, and can be made keto-friendly!
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (unsalted and creamy)
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- Line an 8×8 or 9×6 baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, make the cookie dough by combining almond flour, peanut butter, maple syrup, salt and mix it well. After combined, fold in the 1/3 cup of chocolate chips.
- Transfer the cookie dough to the baking pan that you lined with parchment paper and pressed down with your hands into an even layer. Put the pan in the freezer for 5 minutes while making the chocolate glaze.
- Make the chocolate glaze by combining 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small bowl. Place the bowl in the microwave for 20-second intervals until the chocolate is melted.
- Remove the dough from the freezer and spread the chocolate glaze over the top evenly. Place it back in the freezer for another 15 minutes to set. After it sets, slice into 16 bars. Optional: sprinkle salt on top of the bars.
Add a tsp of vanilla extract for some vanilla flavor.
To keep this recipe allergy-friendly, use sun butter instead of peanut butter and swap almond flour with oat flour.
Swap the maple syrup for any other type of sweetener you like.
Make sure to use creamy peanut butter to get a better consistency.
- Serving Size: 16
- Calories: 219
- Sugar: 12g
- Sodium: 38.5mg
- Fat: 11.7g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 16.2g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Protein: 4.6g
- Cholesterol: 0g
Keywords: no bake cookie dough bars, healthy cookie dough bars, vegan dessert bars, vegan cookie dough bars