This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
This mini vegan no bake strawberry cheesecake recipe is gluten-free, soy-free, healthy, and also easy to make! In addition, this recipe is dairy-free, refined sugar-free and delicious!
This delicious raw vegan cheesecake crust is made from dates and walnuts and then topped with rich and creamy cashew, coconut milk, and strawberry filling. You can enjoy this mini vegan no bake strawberry cheesecake for dessert and you can also make it for a special occasion.
I am a huge fan of raw, no bake healthy dessert as you can tell from my no bake brownies, raw peanut butter chocolate cheesecake, or no bake cookie dough bars. Since they come together quickly and no baking involved, you can make them any time.
Before we jump into the recipe, let's talk about how you can customize it and learn some tips.
How to make vegan no bake cheesecake recipe
Make sure to use Medjool dates because they are soft and have a rich caramel flavor. If your Medjool dates feel a little dry, soak them in hot water for 5 minutes and then drain before using them.
This recipe is naturally sweetened so I chose to use maple syrup. But you can also use another liquid sweetener of choice if you prefer.
Adding salt really brings the sweetness out so I don't recommend omitting it. I always go for pink Himalayan sea salt but you can use any kind of salt you want.
Raw cashews make the filling creamy and also smooth. Make sure to use raw and not salted and roasted cashews because it will change the taste.
Adding a can of full-fat coconut milk will make the no bake vegan cheesecake filling creamy. I don't recommend using light coconut milk because it will change the consistency.
Adding frozen strawberries gives the filling a burst of flavor and also smells amazing! In addition, using frozen berries instead of fresh is more budget-friendly!
Adding just a little freshly squeezed lemon juice balances out the flavors but you can use lime juice instead.
To give a subtle vanilla flavor, we will be adding vanilla extract in the filling. Make sure to use good quality vanilla extract because it makes a difference.
We will be adding a little bit of coconut oil to the no bake cheesecake filling. This will help with keeping the filling smooth and also easy to work with.
How to make it step by step
- First, soak the raw cashews in hot water for 15 minutes so they blend easier. And then, drain the water and set the cashews aside.
- Next, add the pitted dates into a food processor and then blend until you have small pieces.
- Now, you can add the rest of the crust ingredients into the food processor and then blend until a sticky crust is formed.
- Next, you will press the dough into a 6 or 7-inch springform cheesecake or tart pan. Make sure that the edges of the crust are higher with a concave center so the filling can be poured in. Keep pressing the sides with your hands to shape it.
- You can also use an 8x8 baking pan to make bars or a muffin tin to make mini cheesecake bites. But you might need to play around with the proportions.
- Now, we will make the filling by blending the filling ingredients in a blender until very smooth and creamy.
- And then pour the filling over the crust and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- After it's frozen, you can garnish the vegan no bake cheesecake with fresh strawberries and shredded coconut. You can also drizzle melted chocolate! After it's thawed for a bit, you can slice it.
Tips & Variations
- Before slicing and serving the vegan no bake cheesecake, allow it to thaw for 10-15 minutes.
- Use a baking pan to make bars or a muffin tin to make mini bites instead of the pie shape.
- I find a 6-inch springform cheesecake or tart pan works great but you can use 7-inch as well.
- If the dough is too crumbly, add a tablespoon of water to make it sticky but make sure not to add too much water.
- If the Medjool dates are too hard and not soft and sticky, soak them in hot water for 5 minutes and then dry before using.
How do you thicken the vegan no bake strawberry cheesecake filling?
It will be very runny when you are pouring the filling. But when you freeze it for at least 4 hours, this mini vegan pie will thicken.
How to store no-bake strawberry cheesecake
You will need to store the leftovers in the freezer and then allow it to thaw for 10 minutes before serving. You will not be able to store it in the fridge because the filling will melt.
After no bake strawberry cheesecake is frozen, you can top it with mini chocolate chips, melted chocolate, fresh strawberries, crushed walnuts and shredded coconut. The possibilities are endless!
This mini vegan no bake strawberry cheesecake comes together quickly and it is very easy and satisfying. It is also:
- Gluten-free and dairy-free
- Healthier treat
- Rich, decadent and creamy
- Also so delicious!
MORE VEGAN sweet recipes to try
- HOW TO MAKE GRANOLA (HEALTHY & EASY)
- BANANA ICE CREAM RECIPE (HEALTHY & VEGAN)
- VEGAN KEY LIME PIE (GLUTEN-FREE)
- VEGAN ENERGY BALLS (NO BAKE & OIL-FREE)
- GRANOLA BARS RECIPE (NO BAKE & HEALTHY)
- HOW TO MAKE A SMOOTHIE BOWL (VEGAN)
- STRAWBERRY SORBET
So, did you make this? I’d love for you to leave a comment and rate the recipe. You can also share your photo of the recipe on Pinterest and tag me on Instagram using @avocadocentric or #avocadocentric! xo, SelinPrint
This mini vegan no bake strawberry cheesecake recipe is gluten-free, soy-free, healthy, and easy to make! This recipe is dairy-free, refined sugar-free and delicious!
- Add the raw cashews to a medium bowl and pour boiling water over, soak for 15 minutes. Rinse, drain, and set aside.
- Add the pitted dates in a food processor, blend until you have small pieces. Now, add the walnuts, 1 tbs maple syrup and a pinch of salt into the processor with the dates. Blend until a sticky crust is formed.
- Transfer the dough into a 6-inch springform cheesecake or tart pan (7-inch will work) and press it with your hands. Make sure that the edges of the crust are higher with a concave center. Keep pressing the sides with your hands to shape it and set aside.
- Make the filling by adding soaked cashews, coconut milk, frozen strawberries, vanilla extract, lemon juice, 3 tbsp maple syrup and melted coconut oil in a high-speed blender. Blend until very smooth and creamy.
- Pour the filling over the crust (filling will be liquidy at first) and freeze the cheesecake for at least 4 hours. Remove it from the freezer, top it with fresh strawberries and shredded coconut. Allow it to thaw for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Before slicing and serving, allow it to thaw for 10-15 minutes.
Use a baking pan to make bars or a muffin tin to make mini bites instead of the pie shape.
I find a 6-inch springform cheesecake or tart pan works great but you can use 7-inch as well.
If the dough is too crumbly, add a tablespoon of water to make it sticky but make sure not to add too much water.
If the Medjool dates are too hard and not soft and sticky, soak them in hot water for 5 minutes and then dry before using.
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 249
- Sugar: 11.7g
- Sodium: 31.1mg
- Fat: 19.2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 18.6g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 4.4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: no bake cheesecake, no bake vegan cheesecake, vegan cheesecake, no bake strawberry cheesecake