This vegan no boil pasta bake is creamy, simple, healthy, and easy to make. It's made in the oven without boiling the pasta, gluten free and delicious!
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked)
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons tamari (sub for soy sauce if not gluten free)
- 12 ounces short size (such as penne or rotini) uncooked gluten free pasta (sub for regular if not gluten free)
- 2 cups mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 yellow onion (diced)
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Add the raw cashews to a medium bowl, cover with hot boiling water and soak for at least 15 minutes. Rinse and drain.
- While the cashews are soaking, you can chop the onions, sun dried tomatoes, and mushrooms. Add the onions, mushrooms, uncooked pasta, sundried tomatoes, and peas to a 9 x 13 (or similar size) casserole dish or a deep baking dish, mix really well.
- After the cashews are soaked, rinsed, and drained, add them to a high speed blender along with the rest of the sauce ingredients (water, nutritional yeast, garlic, smoked paprika, tamari) and blend well.
- Note: If your blender is not big enough for adding 4 and 1/2 cups of water to the sauce, you can just add 2 cups of water, blend and then mix another 2 and 1/2 cups.
- Pour the sauce into the casserole dish, mix really well and then press down all the pasta with a spoon to make sure they all submerge in the sauce. Note: This is very important because the pasta will not cook if it's not completely in the sauce. If you use bigger pasta, you will need to make more sauce in order to cover it.
- Cover the baking dish very tightly with foil and then bake for 45 to 50 minutes until pasta is completely cooked. Mix really well before serving, garnish with parsley if desired.
The type of pasta you use might change the ratio of the sauce, stick to regular short size pasta.
Add vegetables such as bell pepper, asparagus broccoli but keep the proportions the same.
Always adjust to taste and add more salt if needed!
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 229
- Sugar: 8.1g
- Sodium: 586.7mg
- Fat: 9.2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 32.8g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Protein: 9g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: no boil baked pasta, vegan baked pasta, vegan no boil pasta, vegetarian no boil pasta bake