This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
This Quinoa Tabbouleh is healthy, quick, simple, and also so easy to make! In addition, it’s vegan, gluten-free, customizable, and perfect for meal-prep!
This Quinoa Tabbouleh is perfect to enjoy by itself, as a side dish or bring to a gathering because it’s a crowd-pleaser. You can also serve it with homemade falafel to make it into a great Mediterranean meal.
I love meal-prepping quinoa because you can use it for so many dishes like buddha bowls, burritos, or burrito bowls. Also, if you want to change up the flavors, try my cilantro-lime quinoa or Mediterranean quinoa salad recipe!
Before we jump into the recipe, let’s talk about how you can customize it and learn some tips.
What is Tabbouleh
Tabbouleh (also spelled tabouli) is a bulgur salad using fresh herbs like parsley and also mint. It’s a healthy salad with cucumbers, tomatoes, and a simple dressing. To keep this recipe gluten-free, we will be using quinoa instead of bulgur.
How to make Quinoa Tabbouleh
To keep this salad gluten-free and healthy, I use quinoa but you can sub it for another grain if you like. You can try bulgur (more traditional), farro, brown rice, couscous millet, and also cauliflower rice!
I find that Persian cucumbers taste the best so I recommend it if you can find it. You can also use English cucumbers or other variety if you like.
Tomatoes give that juicy flavor to this healthy salad and also make it so fresh tasting. You can use any kind you like such as roma, grape, or heirloom.
Fresh parsley is the main ingredient for this salad so that’s why it’s very green. You can use curly or flat parsley but make sure to chop it very small.
Green Onions (Scallions) and Mint
Green onions have a milder taste so it’s perfect for this salad. Also, adding chopped mint leaves gives even more fresh flavor so I recommend not skipping it.
Dressing for Vegan Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad
The dressing could not be simpler so you just need to mix olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, and salt. You can also use this simple dressing for other salads.
How to make it
This recipe is very easy to make so it will become your go-to lunch or dinner!
- First, you will need to cook the quinoa either according to package directions or simply cooking it for 15 to 20 minutes.
- While it is cooking, you can chop up all the veggies and herbs into small pieces and then make the dressing.
- Now, you can add the quinoa and all the veggies into a large mixing bowl.
- Last, add the dressing to the bowl and mix well. That’s it!
Tips & Variations
- You can add garbanzo beans to make it a filling meal.
- Try adding vegan feta cheese!
- Add leafy greens such as kale or spinach.
- Always adjust to taste, add more salt if needed!
What is tabbouleh served with
You can really choose to serve this with so many Mediterranean dishes and sauces but here are some suggestions:
- Serve it with homemade falafel.
- Add delicious Mediterranean sauces like hummus, tahini, and tzatziki.
- Make it a meal by pairing it with red lentil soup.
How long does quinoa tabbouleh last in the fridge
You can store this salad covered in the fridge for 2 days in an air-tight container. You should also store the salad dressing separately so your salad doesn’t get soggy.
This healthy recipe comes together so fast and it is very easy and versatile. It is also :
- Vegan &Gluten-free
- Simple & Filling
- Flavorful & Fresh
- Also so delicious!
MORE VEGAN Quinoa recipes to try
- VEGAN BUDDHA BOWL RECIPE (EASY & GLUTEN-FREE)
- CILANTRO LIME QUINOA (EASY & QUICK)
- VEGAN BURRITO BOWL (EASY & HEALTHY)
- MEDITERRANEAN QUINOA SALAD (VEGAN & EASY)
- BLACK BEAN QUINOA BURGER
- VEGAN CRAB CAKES
So, did you make this? I’d love for you to leave a comment and rate the recipe. You can also share your photo of the recipe on Pinterest and tag me on Instagram using @avocadocentric or #avocadocentric! xo, SelinPrint
This Quinoa Tabbouleh is healthy, quick, simple, and so easy to make! It’s vegan, gluten-free, customizable, and perfect for meal-prep!
- 1 cup quinoa (rinsed)
- 1 cup tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 cup cucumbers (chopped)
- 1/2 cup parsley (chopped)
- 5 spring onions (diced)
- 15 chopped mint leaves (about 1/4 cup)
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions. Alternatively, add the 1 cup rinsed quinoa in a medium pot with 2 cups of water. Bring it to a boil and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Fluff the quinoa with a fork.
- While quinoa is cooking, chop up all the veggies and herbs into small pieces.
- To make the dressing, add all the dressing ingredients to a mason jar or a container with a tight lid. Cover and shake vigorously until combined.
- Add the quinoa and all the veggies and herbs into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the dressing to the bowl and mix well.
- Adjust to taste!
Add garbanzo beans to make it a filling meal.
Add vegan feta cheese or leafy greens such as kale or spinach.
Prepare the quinoa ahead of time.
Always adjust to taste, add more salt if needed!
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 245
- Sugar: 2.8g
- Sodium: 303mg
- Fat: 9.9g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 34.3g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Protein: 7.3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: Quinoa Tabbouleh, tabbouleh salad, tabbouleh recipe, tabouli recipe