This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
This homemade vegan strawberry sorbet recipe is easy, healthy, and also made in a blender! In addition, it’s naturally sweetened, customizable, uses just 3 ingredients, and quick to make.
You will not believe how easy it is to make dairy-free and also gluten-free strawberry sorbet at home. It is a creamy, refreshing summer treat just like my strawberry milkshake but it doesn’t require an ice-cream maker just like my banana ice cream recipe!
Coconut milk makes this sorbet or ice cream very creamy and frozen strawberries add the perfect sweetness and also refreshing taste! The best part is that you can customize it and make it sweeter as you like.
But, before we jump into the recipe, let’s talk about how you can customize it and learn some tips.
Is Sorbet Vegan
It is not always vegan since some may contain honey or dairy products. But this frozen treat is made vegan by using coconut milk and maple syrup.
How to make vegan strawberry sorbet recipe
Since this is a strawberry sorbet recipe, we’ll need some frozen strawberries. You can freeze fresh strawberries or buy already frozen for a more budget-friendly option.
We will be adding unsweetened canned coconut milk (full-fat) to make this homemade sorbet because it makes it so creamy. You can sub for light coconut milk but it may not be as creamy.
Maple syrup gives this dairy-free ice cream sorbet a sweetness but it doesn’t make it overly sweet. Also, feel free to adjust the amount and add more if you find the strawberry sorbet recipe not sweet enough.
How to make dairy-free strawberry sorbet recipe without an ice-cream maker
- First, you will need to put the frozen strawberries, coconut milk, and maple syrup into a high-speed blender.
- And then blend until creamy and smooth.
- I like drizzling melted chocolate and also adding shredded coconut on top.
How to serve vegan strawberry sorbet
You can serve this healthy treat right away but it will have more of a soft-serve texture. If you want to harden a bit so you can scoop it, just transfer it over to a loaf pan and then freeze for 2 hours.
When you take it out of the freezer, give it a couple of minutes to soften and then scoop it.
Tips & Variations
Since this DIY vegan strawberry sorbet recipe is so versatile, here are some variations you can make:
- Try adding vanilla extract for vanilla flavor.
- Add another sweetener of choice instead of maple syrup.
- You can add a teaspoon of lemon or lime juice for a tangy flavor.
- Also, try adding chocolate chips and sliced fresh strawberries on top for serving.
How to store it
It is best to enjoy this sweet treat right away but you can store in a covered container for about 1 week in the freezer. You will need to thaw it at least 30 minutes before you can scoop it because it will harden.
It takes less than 1 minute to make this quick, dairy-free, and also versatile homemade vegan sorbet recipe. It is also:
- And delicious!
So, did you make this recipe? I’d love for you to leave a comment and rate the recipe. You can also share your photo of the recipe on Pinterest and tag me on Instagram using @avocadocentric or #avocadocentric! xo, Selin
More healthy vegan sweet recipes like this
- PEANUT BUTTER ENERGY BALLS (HEALTHY & NO BAKE)
- HOW TO MAKE GRANOLA (HEALTHY & EASY)
- VEGAN ENERGY BALLS (NO BAKE & OIL-FREE)
- VEGAN KEY LIME PIE (GLUTEN-FREE)
- GRANOLA BARS RECIPE (NO BAKE & HEALTHY)
- NO BAKE COOKIE DOUGH BARS
- NO BAKE BROWNIES
This homemade vegan strawberry sorbet recipe is easy, healthy, and made in a blender! It’s also naturally sweetened, customizable, uses just 3 ingredients, and quick to make.
- 1 (13.5 oz) can full-fat coconut milk (unsweetened)
- 4 cups frozen strawberries
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- Add the frozen strawberries, coconut milk, and maple syrup into a high-speed blender or food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Serve right away for soft-serve texture or freeze it for 2 hours and then thaw for a few minutes for a hard texture.
- Optional: Top it with melted chocolate and shredded coconut.
Try adding vanilla extract for vanilla flavor.
Add another sweetener of choice instead of maple syrup or add a teaspoon of lemon or lime juice for a tangy flavor.
Also, add chocolate chips and sliced fresh strawberries on top for serving.
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 160
- Sugar: 14.8g
- Sodium: 9.4mg
- Fat: 8.2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 23.4g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Protein: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: strawberry sorbet, vegan strawberry sorbet, how to make strawberry sorbet, strawberry ice cream