This homemade vegan sweet and sour sauce recipe is simple, quick, and so easy to make!
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar (adjust as needed)
- 3 tablespoons tamari (use so sauce if not gluten free)
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon corn starch + 2 tablespoons water
- In a large bowl, add the cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of water, mix really well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients into the bowl and whisk it until you don't have any clumps.
- Transfer the sauce to a saucepan and cook it over medium-low heat for 4 to 6 minutes until it thickens while stirring. Serve immediately or store for later.
If the sauce is too thick, add more water slowly.
If the sauce is not thick enough, continue cooking until it thickens.
Always adjust to taste add more maple syrup for sweetness or more apple cider vinegar for that tangy flavor.
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 30
- Sugar: 0.2g
- Sodium: 503.5mg
- Fat: 2.3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 1.1g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: sweet and sour sauce, sweet and sour sauce recipe, quick sweet and sour sauce