This vegan teriyaki cauliflower recipe is plant based, satisfying and so easy to make! In addition, it is gluten free, perfect as a side dish or dinner!
- 1 large head cauliflower
- ½ cup all-purpose flour (gluten free if preferred)
- ⅓ cup to ½ cup water (adjust as needed for thick consistency)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (gluten free if preferred)
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce (homemade vegan teriyaki sauce or storebought)
- Preheat the oven to 450 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, water, salt, and garlic powder and whisk it well. (Batter should be thick so it sticks to the florets. If the batter is not thick, add more flour).
- Using a knife or your hands, separate the cauliflower into small florets. Add the cauliflower florets into the bowl with the batter and mix well until all the pieces are coated.
- Add the bread crumbs to a bowl or a plate. One at a time, dip the battered cauliflower florets into the bread crumbs to coat all sides. Place each one onto the baking sheet without overcrowding.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes flipping halfway through.
- 5 minutes before the cauliflower is done baking, add the teriyaki sauce in a large pan over medium heat and warm up the sauce for 2 minutes.
- Transfer the baked cauliflower florets to the pan with the teriyaki sauce and stir gently until all the pieces are coated. Turn off the heat and serve immediately.
The batter should be thick so it sticks to the florets. Adjust the consistency by adding more flour to thicken or add more water to thin it.
Avoid overcrowding the pan so they cook evenly.
If you want it to be spicier, add cayenne pepper into the batter.
You can also use an air fryer to make them crispy.
Always adjust to taste and add salt if needed!
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 281
- Sugar: 15.9g
- Sodium: 1387.4mg
- Fat: 2.2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 53.2g
- Fiber: 5.9g
- Protein: 13.6g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: vegan teriyaki cauliflower, teriyaki cauliflower wings, sticky teriyaki cauliflower