This Thai peanut noodles recipe is creamy, satisfying, healthy, a little spicy and so easy to make! It's vegan, gluten-free, homemade, customizable and it only takes 20 minutes to make!
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tbs coconut aminos (sub for soy sauce or tamari)
- 3 tbs lime juice
- 1 tbs maple syrup (sub for another sweetener of choice)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 tsp minced ginger (optional)
- 1tbs sriracha or chili garlic sauce (optional)
Rest of the ingredients
- Add all the ingredients into a food processor or a blender. Blend until very smooth and creamy. Alternatively, add all the ingredients in a medium bowl, whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the noodles and cover with hot water. Soak for 10 minutes, drain and rinse. If using different noodles, follow the cooking instructions on the package.
- In a large pan or skillet over medium heat, add oil. When the oil is hot, add green onions and cook for 2 minutes until slightly soft.
- Add the bell peppers and carrots to the pan, cook for 5 to 8 minutes until vegetables are soft but still crunchy.
- When the vegetables are soft, add the shredded cabbage and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the noodles and peanut sauce to the pan with the vegetables and cook everything while stirring for 2 minutes until the sauce is warm.
- Granish with chopped peanuts, chili flakes and chopped cilantro.
Add coconut milk into the sauce instead of water for a richer flavor.
For thinner sauce, add more water. For thicker consistency, add more peanut butter.
Add cooked tofu or use snap peas or broccoli.
For spicier dish, add more hot sauce and adjust to taste!
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 371
- Sugar: 9.5g
- Sodium: 273.4mg
- Fat: 18.7g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 51.5g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Protein: 2.3g
Keywords: thai peanut noodles, vegan thai peanut noodles, peanut noodles, asian peanut noodles