This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
These almond flour vegan avocado brownies are gluten free, full of healthy fats, and also easy to make! In addition, this recipe is dairy free, eggless, quick, refined sugar free, and fudgy!
You might be thinking why we are making this recipe with avocado but there is a reason. It makes it fudgy and without adding so much extra oil so it works great and you don't even taste it just like my avocado chocolate mousse recipe!
I'm not the biggest fan of chocolate but these vegan avocado brownies are so delicious I can't stop eating them just like my sweet potato brownies! If you love brownies but don't want to bake them, try my vegan no bake brownies!
Before we jump into the recipe, let's talk about how you can customize it and learn some tips.
How do you make gluten free and vegan avocado brownies
We'll be using a ripe avocado and mashing it really well so you won't end up with big pieces in your dessert. You will need to make sure that it is ripe because it will be very creamy when you mash it.
Since these are gluten free, we will be using almond flour. This vegan brownie recipe has the best texture and also make it so soft and fudgy.
For the texture and taste, we will be adding almond butter but you'll need to make sure it's not dried up. It should be runny and fresh otherwise you won't be able to incorporate it. I don't recommend subbing for peanut butter because it will change the taste but you can experiment.
Cacao powder & Dairy Free chocolate chips
Cacao powder gives rich chocolatey flavor but you can use cocoa powder instead. We will use dairy free chocolate chips for more chocolate flavor, you can also sprinkle some on top before baking it.
To give a subtle vanilla flavor, we will be adding vanilla extract in the mix.
We will be adding a little bit of coconut oil to these almond flour brownies. This will help with keeping the mix moist and also easy to work with.
Maple Syrup & Coconut Sugar
This recipe is naturally sweetened so I chose to use a combination of maple syrup and coconut sugar. But you can also use brown sugar instead of coconut sugar.
Baking powder & Salt
Adding salt really brings the sweetness out so I don't recommend omitting it. We'll also be using baking powder.
How to make it step by step
- First, you will need to preheat the oven to 350 F and line an 8x8 baking pan or dish with parchment paper and then set aside. Next, in a large bowl add the avocado and mash really well with a fork or a potato masher.
- Now, you can add the rest of the brownie ingredients (except chocolate chips) with the avocado and then mix with a spatula well. Try not to over mix it. Fold in the chocolate chips gently.
- And then you can transfer the mixture to the baking pan that you lined with parchment paper and using the spatula to even it out. Don't press it down too much, the dough will be sticky but that's ok.
- Bake it for 20 to 25 minutes until the center looks cooked through. If you want it very fudgy, I recommend checking it around the 20-minute mark. You will need to wait at least 20 to 30 minutes to cool before slicing and eating.
Tips & Variations
- Try not to over mix the batter, it will be sticky and that's ok.
- When you are transferring it to the baking pan, try not to press it down too much when evening it out.
- If you like more fudgy brownies, do not bake it as long.
- Make sure you wait for at least 20 to 30 minutes to cool before slicing and eating because it will fall apart.
How to store vegan avocado brownies with almond flour
You can store them in an airtight container for up to 5 to 6 days in the fridge. You can warm it up in the microwave for a few seconds or in an oven for a few minutes until warm.
These brownies comes together quickly and it is very easy. It is also:
- Eggless, gluten free and dairy free
- Healthier treat
- Rich, decadent and fudgy
- Also so delicious!
MORE dairy free sweet recipes to try
- HOW TO MAKE GRANOLA (HEALTHY & EASY)
- BANANA ICE CREAM RECIPE (HEALTHY & VEGAN)
- VEGAN KEY LIME PIE (GLUTEN-FREE)
- VEGAN ENERGY BALLS (NO BAKE & OIL-FREE)
- GRANOLA BARS RECIPE (NO BAKE & HEALTHY)
- HOW TO MAKE A SMOOTHIE BOWL (VEGAN)
- STRAWBERRY SORBET
So, did you make these? I’d love for you to leave a comment and rate the recipe. You can also share your photo of the recipe on Pinterest and tag me on Instagram using @avocadocentric or #avocadocentric! xo, SelinPrint
These almond flour vegan avocado brownies are gluten free, full of healthy fats, and easy to make! This recipe is dairy free, eggless, quick, refined sugar free, and fudgy!
1 ripe avocado (½ cup mashed)
1 cup almond flour (not almond meal!)
½ cup cacao powder (sub for cocoa powder)
¼ cup coconut sugar (sub for brown sugar)
¼ cup maple syrup
½ cup almond butter (runny)
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp salt
2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
⅓ cup dairy free dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line an 8x8 baking pan or dish with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the avocado and mash really well with a fork or a potato masher.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except chocolate chips) with the avocado in the bowl and then mix with a spatula well. Try not to over mix it. Fold in the chocolate chips gently.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking pan that you lined with parchment paper and use a spatula to even it out. Don't press it down too much, the dough will be sticky but that's ok.
- Bake it for 20 to 25 minutes until the center looks cooked through. If you want it very fudgy, check it around the 20-minute mark. Wait at least 20 to 30 minutes to cool before slicing and eating.
Try not to over mix the batter, the dough will be sticky and that's ok.
When transferring it to the baking pan, try not to press it down too much when evening it out.
For more fudgy brownies, do not bake it as long.
Wait for at least 20 to 30 minutes to cool before slicing and eating because it will fall apart.
- Serving Size: 12
- Calories: 227
- Sugar: 12.4g
- Sodium: 55.2mg
- Fat: 13.4g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 19.4g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Protein: 4.8g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: vegan avocado brownies, vegan avocado brownie, almond flour brownies, vegan brownies