These almond flour vegan avocado brownies are gluten free, full of healthy fats, and easy to make! This recipe is dairy free, eggless, quick, refined sugar free, and fudgy!
1 ripe avocado (1/2 cup mashed)
1 cup almond flour (not almond meal!)
1/2 cup cacao powder (sub for cocoa powder)
1/4 cup coconut sugar (sub for brown sugar)
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup almond butter (runny)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
1/3 cup dairy free dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line an 8x8 baking pan or dish with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the avocado and mash really well with a fork or a potato masher.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except chocolate chips) with the avocado in the bowl and then mix with a spatula well. Try not to over mix it. Fold in the chocolate chips gently.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking pan that you lined with parchment paper and use a spatula to even it out. Don't press it down too much, the dough will be sticky but that's ok.
- Bake it for 20 to 25 minutes until the center looks cooked through. If you want it very fudgy, check it around the 20-minute mark. Wait at least 20 to 30 minutes to cool before slicing and eating.
Try not to over mix the batter, the dough will be sticky and that's ok.
When transferring it to the baking pan, try not to press it down too much when evening it out.
For more fudgy brownies, do not bake it as long.
Wait for at least 20 to 30 minutes to cool before slicing and eating because it will fall apart.
- Serving Size: 12
- Calories: 227
- Sugar: 12.4g
- Sodium: 55.2mg
- Fat: 13.4g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 19.4g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Protein: 4.8g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: vegan avocado brownies, vegan avocado brownie, almond flour brownies, vegan brownies