This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
This vegan avocado dressing recipe is creamy, homemade, healthy and so easy to make! In addition, it's gluten free, dairy free, simple, and perfect for kale salad!
This avocado cilantro dressing is refreshing so it's perfect for summer salads. Avocado makes it creamy just like my avocado crema recipe, cilantro mint chutney or avocado ranch dressing and also tastes great!
When you massage kale with this dressing, it really helps soak in all the flavors but it doesn't make it soggy. A combination of lime and cilantro really works together and also give that tangy flavor.
Before we jump into the recipe, let's talk about how you can customize it and learn some tips.
How to make Vegan avocado dressing
It's the star of the show and the key ingredient in this recipe. Make sure to use a ripe one because it will make it creamy.
Avocado Oil (sub for Olive Oil)
We will use just a little bit of oil but you can try to omit for an oil free version. It may change the taste but it will still be delicious!
Fresh cilantro gives so much flavor but I know some people really don't like it. You can try to sub for parsley but I think that would really change the taste.
Freshly squeezed lime juice gives this dressing a tangy flavor so it's a must. I don't recommend using a bottle version because I don't think it tastes fresh.
Another ingredient that gives tanginess and also depth to this dressing. My favorite mustard to use is the brown mustard but dijon mustard also works great.
I love anything that has garlic but I would be cautious adding too much here. I only added 1 clove because we won't cook this recipe, raw garlic can be overpowering.
Just a little maple syrup provides that sweetness but play around with the measurement. If you like a sweeter taste, you can also add more.
I love using pink Himalayan salt for almost all my recipes but you can use just regular sea salt.
How to make it
- Add all the ingredients into a food processor or a blender and then blend until smooth and creamy. Always adjust to taste!
Tips & Variations
- If the consistency is too thick, you can add more water, if it's too thin, add more avocado.
- You can also add crushed red pepper for a little spicy kick.
- If storing the leftovers, shake it well before using it again.
- Always adjust to taste, add more salt if needed to this creamy avocado dressing!
How long does homemade vegan avocado dressing last?
You can store it in the fridge, covered, for up to 3 to 4 days. You need to make sure to shake it well before using it, separation is normal.
This homemade recipe comes together in less than 5 minutes and it is very easy and versatile. It is also :
- Creamy & Smooth
- Gluten free & healthy
- Also so delicious!
MORE plant based sauces, dips, and dressings to try
- BEST TAHINI SAUCE RECIPE (EASY & CREAMY)
- VEGAN AVOCADO CREMA (HEALTHY & EASY)
- BEST CREAMY HUMMUS RECIPE (EASY & OIL-FREE!)
- HOMEMADE SALSA RECIPE (STEP BY STEP)
- BEST HOMEMADE GUACAMOLE RECIPE (EASY & HEALTHY)
- VEGAN SOUR CREAM RECIPE (EASY & SOY-FREE)
- HOW TO MAKE TZATZIKI SAUCE (VEGAN & EASY)
- CHEESE SAUCE RECIPE (EASY & CREAMY)
So, did you make this? I’d love for you to leave a comment and rate the recipe. You can also share your photo of the recipe on Pinterest and tag me on Instagram using @avocadocentric or #avocadocentric! xo, SelinPrint
This vegan avocado dressing recipe is creamy, homemade, healthy and so easy to make! It's gluten free, dairy free, simple, and perfect for kale salad!
- ½ large avocado (about ⅓ cup)
- 1 tbsp avocado oil (sub for olive oil)
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- ½ cup to ¾ cup water
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro (loosely packed)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp brown mustard (sub for dijon)
- ½ tsp salt
- Add all the ingredients into a food processor or a blender, blend until smooth and creamy.
- Adjust to taste. If it's too thick, add more water. If it's too thin, add more avocado.
Add crushed red pepper for a little spicy kick.
If storing the leftovers, shake well before using.
Taste and add more salt if needed!
- Serving Size: 4-6
- Calories: 60
- Sugar: 0.9g
- Sodium: 240.2mg
- Fat: 5.3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 3.2g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Protein: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: vegan avocado dressing, avocado cilantro dressing, avocado dressing