This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
This homemade vegan avocado ranch dressing recipe is the best because it is so easy to make, no mayo and tastes better than store-bought! In addition, it's gluten free, dairy free, healthy, creamy, and quick to make.
I already have a vegan ranch dressing recipe that is made from cashews but I love this avocado version too! It makes an amazing veggie dip but it's also perfect for dipping buffalo cauliflower or adding it to salads or making vegan avocado wrap!
This dairy-free ranch uses avocados like my avocado crema, cilantro mint chutney and avocado dressing recipes so it makes it very creamy and satisfying! Since it doesn't contain any vegan mayo, it's also totally plant based.
Before we jump into the recipe, let's talk about how you can customize it and learn some tips.
Can vegans eat ranch?
Traditional ranch dressing recipes usually call for a combination of mayonnaise and sour cream so they are typically made with dairy. Since we will be using avocados and no mayo, it will be vegan friendly!
How do you make vegan avocado ranch dressing
You will need to make sure the avocados are ripe because that will change the taste and texture. They are great for making this dip so creamy and also healthy!
Apple Cider Vinegar & Lemon Juice
Since ranch dressing has a tangy flavor, we will be adding some apple cider vinegar. We will also add some lemon juice for that fresh taste.
Adding nutritional yeast really works because it gives a subtle cheesy flavor.
Garlic and Onion Powder
Instead of using garlic or onions, we will be using garlic and onion powder. Because it will give the flavor but it won't be overpowering.
Another ingredient that provides a little tangy flavor but gives depth. Make sure to use good quality brown mustard because it makes a difference in taste!
Salt & Oil
I usually use pink himalayan salt in my recipes but you can use sea salt. We'll also add some avocado oil but you can add olive oil instead.
Fresh dill gives this recipe a very unique taste so I don't recommend skipping it or subbing for dry dill. I think it is the key ingredient for the vegan ranch dip!
How to make it
- First, you will need to add the all the ingredients (except dill) into the food processor or blender and then blend until very smooth and creamy.
- After you have reached the desired consistency, you will add the dill and then pulse for a few times until combined.
How to use vegan avocado ranch dressing
There are so many ways to use this dip but here are some ideas:
- Serve it with pizza or veggie burger.
- Dip veggies or buffalo cauliflower.
- Add it to salads or make avocado wrap!
Tips & Variations
- This recipe makes a big batch, if you have a small blender, you can cut the recipe in half.
- After blending, you can place it in the fridge for an hour so it will be cold and get thicker.
- You can make it spicy by adding cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes.
- If the recipe is too thick, add more water to use it as a salad dressing.
- Always adjust to taste and add more salt if needed!
How to store homemade vegan avocado ranch dressing
Since we are using avocados, I don't recommend storing this dip for more than 1 to 2 days. I also don't think it would freeze well so keep that in mind.
This homemade recipe comes together in 5 minutes and it is very easy. It is also:
- Gluten free, Soy free and Dairy free
- Smooth & Ultra Creamy
- Also so delicious!
MORE plant based sauces & dips to try
- BEST TAHINI SAUCE RECIPE (EASY & CREAMY)
- VEGAN AVOCADO CREMA (HEALTHY & EASY)
- BEST CREAMY HUMMUS RECIPE (EASY & OIL-FREE!)
- GREEK SALAD DRESSING RECIPE (HOMEMADE & EASY)
- CHEESE SAUCE RECIPE (EASY & CREAMY)
- TARTAR SAUCE
So, did you make this? I’d love for you to leave a comment and rate the recipe. You can also share your photo of the recipe on Pinterest and tag me on Instagram using @avocadocentric or #avocadocentric! xo, SelinPrint
This homemade vegan avocado ranch dressing is the best because it is so easy to make, no mayo and tastes better than store-bought! It's gluten free, dairy free, healthy, creamy, and quick to make.
- 2 large ripe avocados (peeled, seed removed)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp to 4tbsp water (adjust to desired consistency)
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp brown mustard
- 2 tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp fresh dill (chopped)
- Add all the ingredients except dill into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add the dill and pulse a few times until combined. Serve immediately or place it in the fridge for 1 hour to cool.
This recipe makes a big batch, you can cut the recipe in half if you have a small blender.
Make it spicy by adding cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes.
If the recipe is too thick, add more water to use it as a salad dressing.
Always adjust to taste and add more salt if needed!
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 96
- Sugar: 0.3g
- Sodium: 183.9mg
- Fat: 8.8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 4.4g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Protein: 1.2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: vegan ranch dressing, dairy free ranch dressing, avocado ranch dressing