This vegan bbq beans recipe is satisfying, quick, and so easy to make! It is gluten free, smoky and perfect as a side dish or main dish!
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown mustard or dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (adjust to taste)
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
- 1 (15 oz) can navy beans or Great Northern beans (rinsed and drained)
- In a medium bowl, add the BBQ sauce, ketchup, onion powder, garlic powder, maple syrup, vinegar, mustard, salt, Sriracha, liquid smoke and mix well.
- Transfer the sauce to a skillet over medium-low heat, cook for 2 minutes. Add the beans to the skillet, cook for 5 to 7 minutes until the sauce is thickened.
- Serve immediately.
Make it spicy by adding more Sriracha or using red pepper flakes if you like.
You can cook the sauce down until desired consistency.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 307
- Sugar: 15.3g
- Sodium: 549.3mg
- Fat: 0.9g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 59.8g
- Fiber: 14.4g
- Protein: 15.4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: bbq beans, bbq navy beans, vegan barbecue beans recipe, vegan smoky bbq beans