This vegan bbq cauliflower wings recipe is plant based, satisfying and so easy to make! It is gluten free, dairy free and perfect as an appetizer!
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (gluten free if preferred)
- 1/3 cup to 1/2 cup water (adjust as needed for thick consistency)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (gluten free if preferred)
- 3/4 cup bbq sauce (homemade bbq sauce or storebought)
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, water, salt, and garlic powder and whisk it well. (Batter should be thick so it sticks to the florets. If the batter is not thick, add more flour).
- Using a knife or your hands, separate the cauliflower into small florets. Add the cauliflower florets into the bowl with the batter and mix well until all the pieces are coated.
- Add the bread crumbs to a bowl or a plate. One at a time, dip the battered cauliflower florets into the bread crumbs to coat all sides. Place each one onto the baking sheet without overcrowding.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes flipping halfway through.
- Optional if using Sriracha: mix the bbq sauce and Sriracha in a bowl.
- Take the baked cauliflower wings out of the oven, brush the bbq sauce on each of them or dip them one at a time into the bowl to coat.
- Place the baking sheet back in the oven for 3 to 5 more minutes, serve immediately.
The batter should be thick so it sticks to the florets. Adjust the consistency by adding more flour to thicken or add more water to thin it.
Avoid overcrowding the pan so they cook evenly.
If you want it to be spicier, add cayenne pepper into the batter.
You can also use an air fryer to make them crispy.
Always adjust to taste and add salt if needed!
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 214
- Sugar: 17.6g
- Sodium: 546.3mg
- Fat: 1.6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 44.5g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Protein: 6.5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: bbq cauliflower wings, barbecue cauliflower wings, vegan bbq cauliflower wings