This homemade vegan bbq sauce is flavorful, quick, and so easy to make! It is gluten free, perfect for dipping fries or many plant based dishes.
- 1 cup organic ketchup
- 1 tablespoon blackstrap molasses
- 2 to 3 tablespoons maple syrup (adjust to taste)
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown mustard or dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon tamari (sub for soy sauce if not gluten free)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
- 3 tablespoons water
- Add all the ingredients to a medium bowl and whisk well.
- Add the sauce in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Allow to come to a bubble and then reduce the heat to simmer until it thickened about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve it immediately or cool it down for better texture and taste.
Make it spicier by adding cayenne pepper or more Sriracha.
Taste and adjust the sweetness by adding more maple syrup or tanginess by adding more apple cider vinegar.
Always adjust to taste, add salt if needed!
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 87
- Sugar: 17.4g
- Sodium: 662mg
- Fat: 0.1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 21.1g
- Fiber: .2G
- Protein: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: vegan barbecue sauce, vegetarian bbq sauce, homemade bbq sauce, quick bbq sauce