This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
This vegan berry crumble is dairy-free, gluten-free, and also so easy to make! In addition, this recipe is healthy, customizable, and perfect for breakfast or dessert!
This vegan berry crisp is loaded with wholesome and also plant-based ingredients like oats, nuts, mixed berries like blueberry and strawberries. It’s a great breakfast alternative just like my baked blueberry oatmeal but also perfect for a healthy dessert like my blueberry crumble, pear crumble or peach crisp.
These ingredients work so well together for this vegan berry crumble but you can change up the fruit. You will not believe how easy it comes together and it tastes like a berry pie!
Before we jump into the recipe, let’s talk about how you can customize it and learn some tips.
How to make Vegan Berry Crumble
Using frozen berries taste amazing and also budget-friendly. But you want to make sure that the berries are thawed and remove the excess moisture so it’s not watery.
To keep this mixed berry crisp, we will be using gluten-free oats but feel free to swap it for regular ones. You want to use rolled oats and not instant so keep that in mind.
Maple Syrup & Coconut Sugar
We will be using both maple syrup and coconut sugar but you can sub for brown sugar. It gives a nice sweetness but is not overwhelmingly sweet.
I used walnuts but you can use pecans instead. You can also try using other nuts, it gives this a great crunch and texture.
Almond flour is great for gluten free baking so we will be using some. It really helps with the texture and also taste of the crumble on top.
Cinnamon & Arrowroot
We will be adding cinnamon so your house will smell amazing! Since berries have a lot of juice, we will also add some arrowroot to thicken it.
Coconut oil and lemon juice
I used coconut oil but you can use another neutral oil if you prefer. Also, adding some fresh lemon juice provides a tangy flavor.
How to make it step by step
- The first thing we will need to do is to preheat the oven to 350 F. And then add the thawed berries in an 8 to 10 inch greased oven-safe cast-iron skillet or 8×8 size casserole dish (you can similar size baking dish instead). Add the filling ingredients with the berries and then mix well.
- Then, you can add the crumble topping ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Now, top the berries with the crumble topping evenly and then bake for 45 min to 50 min until the top gets crispy and golden brown.
Tips & Variations
- If you like, you can also use just one kind of berries such as strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, or raspberries. You can even use wild blueberries!
- Use fresh berries instead of frozen.
- To make it sweeter, you can add more maple syrup or drizzle some after it’s baked.
- For serving, you can add some dairy free vanilla ice cream!
How to store vegan berry crumble
This vegan berry crisp is perfect when served warm but you also store it in the refrigerator, covered, for 2 to 3 days. It won’t be as crispy on top but you can warm it up in the oven at 350 F before serving.
This mixed berry crumble crisp is very easy and versatile. It is also:
- Perfect for breakfast or dessert
- Dairy free & Gluten free
- Also so delicious!
MORE VEGAN sweet recipes to try
- HOW TO MAKE GRANOLA (HEALTHY & EASY)
- BANANA ICE CREAM RECIPE (HEALTHY & VEGAN)
- PEANUT BUTTER ENERGY BALLS
- VEGAN KEY LIME PIE (GLUTEN-FREE)
- VEGAN ENERGY BALLS
- GRANOLA BARS RECIPE
- HOW TO MAKE A SMOOTHIE BOWL (VEGAN)
- HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS (EASY & QUICK)
- NO BAKE BROWNIES
So did you make this? I’d love for you to leave a comment and rate the recipe. You can also share your photo of the recipe on Pinterest and tag me on Instagram using @avocadocentric or #avocadocentric! xo, SelinPrint
This vegan berry crumble is dairy-free, gluten-free, and so easy to make! This recipe is healthy, customizable, and perfect for breakfast or dessert!
- 4 cups mixed frozen berries (thawed, remove access moisture)
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar (sub for brown sugar)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp arrowroot (sub for corn starch)
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp coconut oil (for greasing the dish)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Add the thawed berries in an 8 to 10 inch greased oven-safe cast-iron skillet or 8×8 size casserole dish (you can similar size baking dish instead). Add the filling ingredients (coconut sugar, lemon juice, arrowroot, 1/2 tsp cinnamon) with the berries and mix well.
- In a medium bowl, add the crumble topping ingredients (walnuts, oats, almond flour, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, maple syrup, 2 tbsp melted coconut oil) and mix well.
- Top the berry filling with the crumble topping evenly and then bake for 45 min to 50 min until the top gets crispy and golden brown. Top with dairy free vanilla ice cream for serving.
Use just one kind of berries such as strawberries, blueberries, blackberries or raspberries. You can even use wild blueberries!
Use fresh berries instead of frozen.
To make it sweeter, add more maple syrup or drizzle some after it’s baked.
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 260
- Sugar: 22.4g
- Sodium: 5.9mg
- Fat: 12.8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 40g
- Fiber: 4.7g
- Protein: 4.6g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: vegan berry crisp, vegan berry crumble, healthy berry crumble, mixed berry crumble