This creamy vegan black bean dip is so easy to make and healthy! It's gluten free, homemade, spicy, and quick to make.
- 1 (15oz) can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 chipotle pepper and 1 teaspoon adobo sauce from a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (adjust to taste)
- 1 small yellow onion (diced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (sub for olive oil)
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon water (adjust as needed)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or more
- Place a medium pan over medium heat. Add the oil to the pan and when the oil is hot, add the onions and cook for 4 to 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the garlic, cook for another minute, turn off the heat.
- Add all the ingredients including the cooked onions and garlic in a food processor. Blend until you reached the desired consistency.
- Adjust the consistency by adding more water if needed. Serve immediately or store for later.
Always adjust to taste and then add more salt if needed!
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 100
- Sugar: 0.8g
- Sodium: 195.7mg
- Fat: 2.6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 13.8g
- Fiber: 5.1g
- Protein: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: black bean dip, spicy black ben dip. vegetarian black bean dip