This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
This vegan blueberry crumble is dairy free, gluten free, and also so easy to make! This vegan blueberry crisp is the best because it's healthy, customizable, and perfect for breakfast or dessert!
This recipe is loaded with wholesome and also plant based ingredients like oats, nuts and dates. It's a great breakfast alternative just like my baked blueberry oatmeal but also perfect for a healthy dessert like my berry crumble, pear crumble or peach crisp.
These ingredients work so well together for this vegan blueberry crumble but you can customize it. You will not believe how easy it comes together and it tastes like a blueberry pie!
Before we jump into the recipe, let's talk about how you can customize it and learn some tips.
How to make Vegan Blueberry Crumble
I like using frozen wild blueberries but you can use fresh if preferred. If frozen, you will want to make sure they are thawed and remove the excess moisture so it's not watery.
To keep this gluten free, we will be using gluten-free oats but feel free to swap it for regular ones. You want to use rolled oats and not instant so keep that in mind.
Maple Syrup & Coconut Sugar
We will be using both maple syrup and coconut sugar but you can sub for brown sugar. It gives a nice sweetness but is not overwhelmingly sweet.
I used almonds but you can use pecans instead. You can also try using other nuts, it gives this a great crunch and texture.
Almond flour is great for gluten free baking so we will be using some. It really helps with the texture and also the taste of the crumble on top.
Dates & Arrowroot
We will be adding dates because they give an amazing sweetness and texture! Since blueberries release moisture, we will also add some arrowroot to thicken it.
Coconut oil and lemon juice
I used coconut oil but you can use another neutral oil if you prefer. Also, adding some fresh lemon juice provides a tangy flavor.
How to make it step by step
- The first thing we will need to do is to preheat the oven to 350 F. And then add the blueberries in an 8 to 10 inch greased oven-safe cast-iron skillet or 8x8 (or 9x9) size casserole dish. Add the filling ingredients and then mix well.
- Then, you can add the crumble topping ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Now, top the filing with the crumble topping evenly and then bake for 45 min to 50 min until the top gets crispy and golden brown.
Tips & Variations
- Make sure to check while it's baking so the top doesn't burn.
- To make it sweeter, you can add more maple syrup or drizzle some after it's baked.
- For serving, you can add some dairy free vanilla ice cream!
How to store vegan blueberry crumble
This blueberry crumble is perfect when served warm but you can also store it in the refrigerator, covered, for 2 to 3 days. It won't be as crispy on top but you can warm it up in the oven at 350 F before serving.
This recipe is very easy and versatile. It is also:
- Perfect for breakfast or dessert
- Dairy free & Gluten free
- Also so delicious!
MORE plant based sweet recipes to try
- HOW TO MAKE GRANOLA (HEALTHY & EASY)
- BANANA ICE CREAM RECIPE (HEALTHY & VEGAN)
- PEANUT BUTTER ENERGY BALLS
- VEGAN KEY LIME PIE (GLUTEN-FREE)
- VEGAN ENERGY BALLS
- GRANOLA BARS RECIPE
- HOW TO MAKE A SMOOTHIE BOWL (VEGAN)
- HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS (EASY & QUICK)
- NO BAKE BROWNIES
So, did you make this? I’d love for you to leave a comment and rate the recipe. You can also share your photo of the recipe on Pinterest and tag me on Instagram using @avocadocentric or #avocadocentric! xo, SelinPrint
This vegan blueberry crumble is dairy free, gluten free, and so easy to make! This vegan blueberry crisp is the best because it's healthy, customizable, and perfect for breakfast or dessert!
- 3 cups frozen blueberries ( sub for wild blueberries or fresh ones)
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp arrowroot
- 1 tsp coconut oil (for greasing)
- ½ cup almonds (chopped)
- 1 ¼ cup gluten free rolled oats
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup (about 5) dates (chopped)
- 4 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Add the blueberries in an 8 to 10 inch greased oven-safe cast-iron skillet or 8×8 (or 9×9) size casserole dish. Add the filling ingredients (coconut sugar, lemon juice, arrowroot) with the blueberries and mix well.
- In a medium bowl, add the crumble topping ingredients (almonds, oats, almond flour, dates, maple syrup, melted coconut oil) and mix well.
- Top the filling with the crumble topping evenly and then bake for 45 min to 50 min until the top gets crispy and golden brown. Top with dairy free vanilla ice cream for serving.
Make sure to check while it’s baking so the top doesn’t burn.
To make it sweeter, add more maple syrup or drizzle some after it’s baked.
For serving, add some dairy free vanilla ice cream!
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 386
- Sugar: 33.6g
- Sodium: 5.7mg
- Fat: 13.1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 55.5g
- Fiber: 6.7g
- Protein: 6.9g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: vegan blueberry crisp, gluten free blueberry pie, vegan blueberry pie crisp