This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
This vegan breakfast burrito recipe is healthy, easy, and also quick to make. In addition, it is gluten-free, customizable, and delicious!
I usually drink a green smoothie for breakfast but we love making these breakfast burritos on Sundays for breakfast. You can also make these for lunch or dinner and customize the ingredients.
The best part about this recipe is that you can make everything ahead so you just need to assemble it. This also means that these burritos are meal-prep friendly!
Before we jump into the recipe, let's talk about how you can customize it and learn some tips.
How to make Vegan Breakfast Burrito
Roasted or Air-fried Potatoes
I usually use Yukon gold potatoes for roasting or air-frying but you can use any type of other potatoes such as red or purple. You can also sub for roasted sweet potatoes to change the flavors.
I love making a big batch of oil-free refried black beans or pinto beans so I can keep the leftovers and use them whenever needed. It works great in this recipe but you can use just regular canned beans instead.
If you are a spicy food fan like me, you can use my homemade hot sauce since it only takes 10 minutes to make! You can also add your favorite store-bought hot sauce instead.
Vegan Sour Cream (optional)
Homemade vegan sour cream works great for these but you can omit it. You can also use store-bought if you prefer.
How to make a Breakfast Burrito step by step
- First, you will need to roll out a large tortilla (gluten-free if preferred) on a flat surface. Next, add generous portions of the roasted potatoes, refried beans, guacamole, hot sauce.
- Now, roll up and then place seam side down. You can continue rolling up the burritos until you used all the toppings.
Tips & Variations
This easy breakfast burrito is very customizable so here are some variations you can make:
- You can add cooked bell peppers for some color, texture, and also flavors.
- Add gently sauteed kale or spinach to add some greens!
- If you enjoy eating tofu, you can make tofu scramble instead of eggs.
- Try adding homemade salsa or simply add sliced avocados instead of guacamole.
- You can also add some cilantro lime quinoa to make it more filling!
How to store vegan breakfast burritos
It best to eat them right away but you can wrap them in foil and store in the fridge for up to 4 days. Make sure you are not storing the guacamole in the burrito since it will get brown quickly. So you can add the guacamole before you are eating it.
This quick, easy and also versatile burrito is:
- Meal-prep friendly
- And delicious!
More Mexican inspired plant-based recipes to try
- JACKFRUIT TACOS (EASY & SOY-FREE)
- BURRITO BOWL (EASY & HEALTHY)
- HOW TO MAKE TAMALES (VEGAN & STEP BY STEP)
- VEGAN BURRITO (EASY & HEALTHY)
So did you make this recipe? I’d love for you to leave a comment and rate the recipe. You can also share your photo of the recipe on Pinterest and tag me on Instagram using @avocadocentric or #avocadocentric! xo, SelinPrint
Easy vegan breakfast burrito recipe that is healthy and also quick to make. It is gluten-free, customizable and delicious!
- Prepare the roasted potatoes, refried black beans, guacamole, and hot sauce according to the recipes.
- Roll out a large gluten-free tortilla. Add generous portions of the roasted potatoes, refried beans, guacamole, hot sauce, vegan sour cream (if you are using it).
- Roll up and place seam side down. Continue rolling up the burritos until you used all the toppings.
How many burritos you end up is depending on the size of the tortillas you use.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 342
- Sugar: 6.5g
- Sodium: 658.6mg
- Fat: 10.6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 53.1g
- Fiber: 12.1g
- Protein: 9.7g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: vegan breakfast burrito, vegan breakfast burrito recipe, easy breakfast burrito, healthy breakfast burrito