This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
This homemade vegan buffalo chicken dip recipe is so easy to make, healthy, plant based and also a crowd pleaser! In addition, it's gluten free, dairy free, baked, cheesy and made with jackfruit!
This cashew based buffalo chicken dip is the best because it's made with simple ingredients. If you love creamy dips like this, you might also like my white bean dip or vegan French onion dip recipes.
It's great to eat with crackers, veggies or baguette and it is also perfect for gatherings, Super Bowl or potlucks. If you love buffalo flavor, you should also try my vegan buffalo cauliflower tacos, buffalo cauliflower salad, vegan buffalo mac and cheese or buffalo hummus!
Before we jump into the recipe, let's talk about how you can customize it and learn some tips.
What is Jackfruit and where can I find it ?
Jackfruit is a very large and prickly fruit that grows on a tropical tree so it's most common in Asian cuisines. It is also increasingly being used as a vegan and vegetarian substitute for meat because of the texture.
It works great for this recipe because jackfruit replaces the chicken and makes it plant based just like my jackfruit stew, jackfruit curry, or vegan chicken noodle soup. You can find it at your grocery store, Asian markets, or online.
How to make Vegan Buffalo Chicken dip
As I mentioned, the base of this recipe will be raw cashews because it makes it so creamy. But you want to make sure you are not using roasted cashews since it will change the taste.
When you are buying jackfruit for savory recipes, the most important thing is to buy the can that is in water or brine. Do not buy the one in syrup because it will be sweet.
Buffalo sauce is the ingredient that gives all the flavor so make sure to get a good quality one. I prefer using this brand but you can use Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce if you prefer.
Lemon Juice & Brown Mustard
Freshly squeezed lemon juice and brown mustard give a tangy flavor so it works great. You can sub for dijon mustard if you prefer.
Onion Powder & garlic powder
We will be using both because it enhances the flavor. They provide the taste and also give some depth.
To make the base a little cheesy, we will be adding nutritional yeast. But you can add more if you like the cheesy taste.
How to make it
- First, preheat the oven to 375 F and then add the cashews in a bowl, cover with hot water and soak for about 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, you can prep the jackfruit by pulling it apart with your hands and give it a shredded chicken texture. I don't remove the seeds but you can if you prefer.
- After the cashews are done soaking, drain and add them to a high-speed blender along with the rest of the ingredients (EXCEPT jackfruit) and then blend until smooth and creamy.
- Now, you can transfer the creamy mixture into a 9x6 or a similar size baking dish and then add the shredded jackfruit, mix well. And then bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Serve the vegan buffalo chicken dip with celery sticky, carrots, cucumbers, sliced baguette, or crackers. You can also add some chopped green onions on top for serving.
- If the dip is too thick, you can add a little more water to the blender.
- Make sure to use buffalo sauce, not hot sauce because it will taste different.
- You can also use artichoke hearts instead of jackfruit for this vegan buffalo chicken dip if you are unable to find it.
- Always adjust to taste and add salt if needed!
How to serve vegan buffalo chicken dip
- Serve with crackers
- Eat with tortilla chips
- Pair it with fresh veggies (celery sticks, carrots, or cucumber slices) or sliced bread
How to store vegan buffalo chicken dip
You can store this vegetarian dip in the fridge, covered, for up to 2 to 3 days. Then you can reheat it until warm before serving. You might need to add a little water to thin it out because it will get thicker.
This homemade dairy free buffalo chicken dip is very easy and healthy. It is also:
- Gluten free & Dairy free
- A crowd-pleaser
- Smooth and Ultra Creamy
- Also so delicious!
More plant based sauces & dips to try
- BEST TAHINI SAUCE
- AVOCADO CREMA
- BEST CREAMY HUMMUS
- TARTAR SAUCE
- CHEESE SAUCE
- GARLIC AIOLI
- SRIRACHA MAYO
So, did you make this? I’d love for you to leave a comment and rate the recipe. You can also share your photo of the recipe on Pinterest and tag me on Instagram using @avocadocentric or #avocadocentric! xo, SelinPrint
This vegan buffalo chicken dip is so easy to make, healthy, plant based and a crowd pleaser! It's gluten free, dairy free, baked, cheesy and made with jackfruit!
- 1 ½ cup raw cashews (soaked and drained)
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup buffalo sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp brown mustard
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 (14 oz) can jackfruit in water or brine (not in syrup! rinsed and drained)
- Preheat the oven to 375 F
- Add the cashews in a bowl, cover with hot water and soak for about 15 minutes. Rinse and drain.
- In the meantime, prep the jackfruit by pulling it apart with your hands and give it a shredded chicken texture. (I don't remove the seeds but you can if you prefer).
- Add the soaked and drained cashews to a high speed blender along with the rest of the ingredients (EXCEPT jackfruit) and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the creamy mixture into a 9x6 or a similar size baking dish and add the shredded jackfruit, mix well. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve the vegan buffalo chicken dip with celery sticky, carrots, cucumbers, sliced baguette or crackers.
If the dip is too thick, add a little more water in the blender.
Make sure to use buffalo sauce and not hot sauce.
You can also use artichoke hearts instead of jackfruit if you are unable to find it.
Always adjust to taste and add salt if needed!
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 215
- Sugar: 7.3g
- Sodium: 775mg
- Fat: 15.4g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 17.1g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Protein: 5.2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: dairy free buffalo dip, vegetarian buffalo chicken dip, vegan buffalo dip