This vegan buffalo chicken dip is so easy to make, healthy, plant based and a crowd pleaser! It's gluten free, dairy free, baked, cheesy and made with jackfruit!
- 1 1/2 cup raw cashews (soaked and drained)
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp brown mustard
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 (14 oz) can jackfruit in water or brine (not in syrup! rinsed and drained)
- Preheat the oven to 375 F
- Add the cashews in a bowl, cover with hot water and soak for about 15 minutes. Rinse and drain.
- In the meantime, prep the jackfruit by pulling it apart with your hands and give it a shredded chicken texture. (I don't remove the seeds but you can if you prefer).
- Add the soaked and drained cashews to a high speed blender along with the rest of the ingredients (EXCEPT jackfruit) and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the creamy mixture into a 9x6 or a similar size baking dish and add the shredded jackfruit, mix well. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve the vegan buffalo chicken dip with celery sticky, carrots, cucumbers, sliced baguette or crackers.
If the dip is too thick, add a little more water in the blender.
Make sure to use buffalo sauce and not hot sauce.
You can also use artichoke hearts instead of jackfruit if you are unable to find it.
Always adjust to taste and add salt if needed!
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 215
- Sugar: 7.3g
- Sodium: 775mg
- Fat: 15.4g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 17.1g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Protein: 5.2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: dairy free buffalo dip, vegetarian buffalo chicken dip, vegan buffalo dip