This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
This Mexican inspired homemade vegan burrito is so easy and quick to make and also customizable! In addition, it is gluten-free, soy-free, filling, satisfying, hearty and stuffed with healthy ingredients!
This recipe uses beans as the base but you can easily swap it for tofu or jackfruit if you like! If you don't have time to make some of the sauces, you can also use store-bought sauces.
The best part is that you can meal prep the beans, quinoa, salsa, and also sour cream ahead of time. And then all you have to do is making the guacamole and assembling the burrito.
There are so many flavors and textures in this plant-based burrito and also I love how you can change the flavors as you like. Most of the ingredients are pantry staples so it comes together in no time.
How to make a vegan burrito step by step
Cilantro lime Quinoa
I usually have leftover cilantro lime quinoa in my fridge because it's so easy to meal-prep and use it for Mexican inspired dishes. You can also use white or brown rice for these burritos.
Homemade salsa is the best but if you don't have time to make it, just use your favorite salsa!
The tangy flavor works great for these burritos so I recommend making the sour cream recipe and takes less than 5 minutes to make!
How to make vegan burrito bowl
- First, you'll need to make the refried black beans or pinto beans according to the recipes. In the meantime, you can make the cilantro lime quinoa, vegan sour cream, guacamole, and salsa.
- And then warm up the gluten-free tortillas in a pan. Now, you can put the tortilla on a flat surface, add the beans, quinoa, guacamole, salsa, and sour cream in the center of the tortilla. And then fold in the sides and then roll it up.
Tips & Variations
There are many ways you can try and customize these plant-based burritos so here are some suggestions:
Spicy Vegan Burrito
If you like your burritos spicy like I do, add some homemade hot sauce or you can also use store-bought hot sauce. Another option could be adding more spices to the beans when you are cooking so you can make it spicier.
High Protein Vegan Burrito
You can also make it a high protein burrito by cooking tofu "sofritas" style (like at Chipotle) and add it as well. So, you can use the same instructions as the jackfruit recipe and just swap the jackfruit for crumbled tofu.
Sweet Potato Vegan Burrito
If you want to add some veggies to your burritos, you can also add roasted sweet potatoes. Try adding cooked bell peppers and also you can add corn with the beans.
How to meal prep vegan burrito
- You can cook the quinoa and beans and then divide them into storage containers, store them in the fridge.
- Make the salsa and sour cream and store them in separate airtight storage containers and store them in the fridge.
- Before assembling the burritos, make the guacamole fresh. Stored ingredients should last 3-4 days in the fridge.
How to freeze burritos
You can add the quinoa and black beans in the center of the tortilla, roll it up and then wrap it in foil. Put the burritos that are in foil in a reusable freezer bags. I would avoid freezing it with the fresh ingredients so you can add the sour cream, salsa, and guacamole after reheating the burritos.
When you’re ready to eat them, you can let them thaw in the fridge for 24 hours and then reheat in the oven at 350°F for 30 minutes until warm.
These homemade plant-based burritos are great for meal-prep and they are very versatile. They are also :
- Gluten-free, soy-free and plant-based
- Easy and healthy to make
- also delicious!
More Mexican inspired plant-based recipes to try
- JACKFRUIT TACOS (EASY & SOY-FREE)
- BREAKFAST BURRITO (EASY & HEALTHY)
- HOW TO MAKE TAMALES (VEGAN & STEP BY STEP)
- BURRITO BOWL (EASY & HEALTHY)
So did you make these? I’d love for you to leave a comment and rate the recipe. You can also share your photo of the recipe on Pinterest and tag me on Instagram using @avocadocentric or #avocadocentric! xo, SelinPrint
This Mexican inspired homemade vegan burrito is so easy and quick to make and also customizable! It is gluten-free, soy-free, filling, satisfying, hearty and stuffed with healthy ingredients!
- Make the refried black beans or pinto beans according to the recipes.
- In the meantime, make the cilantro lime quinoa, vegan sour cream, guacamole, and salsa.
- Warm up the gluten-free tortillas in a pan.
- Put the tortilla on a flat surface, add the beans, quinoa, guacamole, salsa, and vegan sour cream in the center of the tortilla. Fold in the sides and then roll it up. Enjoy!
Total time is based on making all the recipes at one time.
How many burritos you end up with will vary depending upon how big your tortillas are.
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 207
- Sugar: 3.3g
- Sodium: 477.9mg
- Fat: 4.9g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 35.2g
- Fiber: 5.7g
- Protein: 7.1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: how to make vegan burrito, vegan burrito, vegan burrito recipe, vegan bean burrito, bean burrito, quinoa burrito, gluten-free burrito