This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
This homemade vegan caesar dressing recipe is the best because it is so easy to make, oil-free, no mayo and tastes better than store-bought! In addition, it's gluten-free, soy-free, healthy, creamy, and quick to make.
After you make it, you’ll be shocked how it tastes better than the regular caesar dressing with dairy so be warned! This vegan caesar dressing makes an amazing veggie dip but also perfect for caesar salad!
This dairy-free salad dressing uses cashews like my sour cream, vegan buffalo chicken dip, hollandaise sauce, vegan white sauce or ranch dressing recipes so it makes it very creamy and satisfying! Since it doesn't contain any vegan mayo, it's also totally plant based.
You can also make it as meal prep and use it throughout the week. When you try this homemade raw vegan caesar dressing, you will not be missing the regular one!
Before we jump into the recipe, let's talk about how you can customize it and learn some tips.
Can vegans eat caesar dressing?
Traditional recipes usually call for a combination of anchovies, eggs, and cheese so they are not suitable for vegans. Since we will be using soaked cashews and no mayo, cheese or anchovies, it will be vegan friendly!
How to make vegan caesar dressing
You will need to make sure the cashews are not roasted or salted because that will change the taste. I usually buy raw cashews in bulk online since I find it cheaper than the stores.
Since this dressing has a salty and tangy flavor, we will be adding capers. Every ingredient has a purpose in this recipe so I recommend not omitting or subbing.
Freshly squeezed lemon juice gives this sauce a tangy flavor so I don't recommend omitting it. I don't recommend using a bottle version either because I don't think it tastes fresh.
Garlic and Garlic Powder
Raw garlic can be overpowering so we will use a combination of raw garlic and garlic powder. Garlic powder provides the garlicky taste and also gives some depth to the flavors.
Another ingredient that provides a little tangy flavor but gives depth. You can also sub for dijon mustard if you prefer.
Tamari (sub for soy sauce)
Instead of salt, we will be adding some tamari so this recipe is gluten-free. You can also sub for soy sauce if you are not gluten-free.
How to make homemade vegan caesar dressing
- First, you will need to soak the raw cashews in boiling water for at least 15 minutes and then drain. If you do not have a high-speed blender, you will need to soak them overnight so they blend easier and make it creamy.
- Next, you will need to add the rinsed and drained cashews and the rest of the ingredients into the blender. Now, you will blend the ingredients until very smooth and creamy.
Is caesar dressing healthy?
Traditional store-bought caesar dressing may contain unnecessary ingredients. However, when you make it at home with whole food ingredients, I think it’s a healthier choice because you know what is in it.
- Make sure to blend it until very smooth because of the cashew pieces and other small ingredients.
- After blending, place it in the fridge for an hour so it will be cold and get thicker.
- If the recipe is too thick, add more water.
- Always adjust to taste and add salt if needed!
How to store homemade vegan caesar dressing
You can store it in the fridge, covered, for up to 1 week. You may need to add a little bit of water if the consistency got very thick.
Can I freeze it?
Even though fresh is always the best, you can freeze it, covered for up to a month.
This homemade recipe comes together in 20 minutes and it is very easy. It is also:
- Gluten-free and Oil-free
- Better than store-bought
- Ultra Creamy
- Also so delicious!
MORE plant-based sauces & dips to try
- BEST TAHINI SAUCE RECIPE (EASY & CREAMY)
- VEGAN AVOCADO CREMA (HEALTHY & EASY)
- BEST CREAMY HUMMUS RECIPE (EASY & OIL-FREE!)
- GREEK SALAD DRESSING RECIPE (HOMEMADE & EASY)
- CHEESE SAUCE RECIPE (EASY & CREAMY)
- TARTAR SAUCE
- THOUSAND ISLAND DRESSING
So, did you make this? I’d love for you to leave a comment and rate the recipe. You can also share your photo of the recipe on Pinterest and tag me on Instagram using @avocadocentric or #avocadocentric! xo, SelinPrint
This homemade vegan caesar dressing recipe is the best because it is so easy to make, oil-free, no mayo and tastes better than store-bought! It's gluten-free, soy-free, healthy, creamy, and quick to make.
- 1 cup plus ¼ cup raw cashews
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp brown mustard (sub for dijon mustard)
- 2 tbsp capers (drained)
- 2 tsp tamari (sub for soy sauce)
- Soak the raw cashews in boiling water for at least 15 minutes. If you do not have a high-speed blender, soak them overnight. Rinse and drain.
- Add the rinsed and drained cashews and the rest of the ingredients into the blender and blend until very smooth and creamy.
- Serve right away or place it in the fridge for 1 hour for a thicker consistency.
Make sure to blend it until very smooth.
After blending, place it in the fridge for an hour so it will be cold and get thicker.
If the recipe is too thick, add more water.
Always adjust to taste and add salt if needed!
- Serving Size: 10
- Calories: 109
- Sugar: 1.3g
- Sodium: 149.9mg
- Fat: 8.3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 6.5g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Protein: 3.7g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: how to make vegan caesar dressing, vegan caesar dressing recipe, healthy caesar dressing