This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
This vegan caesar salad recipe is the best because it is so easy to make, and such a crowd-pleaser! In addition, it's gluten-free, soy-free, healthy, creamy, and quick to make.
The dairy-free caesar salad dressing uses cashews like my sour cream or ranch dressing recipes so it makes it very creamy and satisfying! Since it doesn't contain any vegan mayo, it's also totally plant-based.
You can also use massaged kale instead of romaine lettuce to make this vegan caesar salad even healthier! It's perfect for potlucks or gatherings so go ahead and make a big batch.
Before we jump into the recipe, let's talk about how you can customize it and learn some tips.
Can vegans eat caesar salad?
Traditional recipes usually use caesar dressing that contains anchovies, eggs, and cheese so it is not suitable for vegans. Since we will be using plant-based dressing, it will be vegan friendly!
How to make vegan caesar salad
We will be using a head of romaine lettuce but you can use massaged kale or other favorite leafy greens if you like. This vegan caesar salad serves 2 people so you can easily double or triple for a bigger crowd.
This creamy dressing comes together quickly so you can make it while the chickpeas are baking. You can also make a big batch a meal prep for the week!
Crispy Chickpea Croutons
These crispy chickpeas work great as a replacement for croutons but you can use regular croutons if you like. I show you how to roast them in the oven and also in the air-fryer in this recipe.
Nutritional yeast based parmesan cheese gives this salad a great cheesy and salty flavor. You can also use store-bought vegan parmesan cheese if you prefer.
How to make homemade vegan caesar salad
- First, you will need to make the dressing by soaking the raw cashews in boiling water for at least 15 minutes. If you do not have a high-speed blender, you will need to soak them overnight so they blend easier and make it creamy.
- While the cashews are soaking, you can make the crispy chickpea croutons according to the recipe.
- Next, you will need to add the rinsed and drained cashews and the rest of the ingredients into the blender. Now, you will blend the ingredients until very smooth and creamy.
- You can add the chopped lettuce in a large bowl and then add the salad dressing on top. Toss it, divide into plates and then top it with roasted chickpeas and parmesan cheese.
Is caesar dressing healthy?
Traditional store-bought caesar dressing may contain unnecessary ingredients. However, when you make it at home with whole food ingredients, I think it’s a healthier choice because you know what is in it.
- Make sure to blend the dressing until very smooth because of the cashew pieces and other small ingredients.
- After blending, place the dressing in the fridge for an hour so it will be cold and get thicker.
- If the dressing is too thick, add more water.
- Always adjust to taste and add more parmesan or dressing if needed!
How to store homemade caesar dressing
You can store it in the fridge, covered, for up to 1 week. You may need to add a little bit of water if the consistency got very thick.
This vegan caesar salad recipe is very easy to make. It is also:
- Crowd Pleaser
- Perfect side dish
- Also so delicious!
MORE plant-based side dishes to try
- ROASTED SWEET POTATOES RECIPE (AIR-FRYER OR BAKED)
- CUCUMBER TOMATO ONION SALAD (HEALTHY)
- EASY VEGAN FALAFEL RECIPE (BAKED OR AIR-FRIED)
- EASY NICOISE SALAD RECIPE
- CILANTRO LIME QUINOA (EASY & QUICK)
- RED LENTIL SOUP RECIPE (STOVETOP OR INSTANT POT)
So, did you make this? I’d love for you to leave a comment and rate the recipe. You can also share your photo of the recipe on Pinterest and tag me on Instagram using @avocadocentric or #avocadocentric! xo, SelinPrint
This vegan caesar salad recipe is the best because it is so easy to make, and such a crowd-pleaser! It's gluten-free, soy-free, healthy, creamy, and quick to make.
- 1 cup plus ¼ cup raw cashews
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp brown mustard (sub for dijon mustard)
- 2 tbsp capers (drained)
- 2 tsp tamari (sub for soy sauce)
Vegan Caesar Salad
- Soak the raw cashews in boiling water for at least 15 minutes. If you do not have a high-speed blender, soak them overnight. Drain and rinse.
- While the cashews are soaking make the roasted chickpeas and vegan parmesan cheese recipes.
- Add the rinsed and drained cashews and the rest of the dressing ingredients into the blender and blend until very smooth and creamy.
- Add the chopped lettuce in a large bowl, add the salad dressing on top. Toss it and divide it into plates. Top with roasted chickpeas and parmesan cheese.
Blend the dressing until very smooth because of the cashew pieces and other small ingredients.
After blending, place the dressing in the fridge for an hour so it will be cold and get thicker.
If the dressing is too thick, add more water.
Always adjust to taste and add more parmesan or dressing if needed!
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 212
- Sugar: 3.7g
- Sodium: 525.4mg
- Fat: 4.4g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 34.6g
- Fiber: 14.5g
- Protein: 12.7g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: vegan caesar salad recipe, vegan caesar salad with chickpea croutons, healthy caesar salad