This creamy vegan carrot ginger soup recipe is healthy, plant based, made with coconut milk and so easy to make. It's gluten free, dairy free, perfect for meal prep and weeknight dinners.
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion (chopped)
- 5 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tablespoon fresh ginger (grated)
- 6 large carrots (chopped small)
- 2 and 1/2 cups vegetable broth or water
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon salt (adjust to taste)
- 1 (13.5 ounces) can full fat coconut milk
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a large pot or dutch oven over medium heat, add the oil and when the oil hot, add the onions and cook until soft for 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots to the pot and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger, cook for another minute until fragrant. Add the water/broth, coconut milk, fresh thyme, salt and turn the heat up to boil and then simmer, covered for 25 to 30 minutes until carrots are soft.
- Add the lemon juice to the pot and then use an immersion blender to blend the soup until smooth and creamy. You can also transfer the soup into a highspeed blender like a Vitamix and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Carefully, transfer the blended soup back into the pot and cook for another minute. Serve immediately or store for later.
If the soup is too thick, add more water or broth.
If it's too watery, cook it a little bit longer after blending it.
Make it spicy by adding red pepper flakes.
If you cut the carrots smaller, they will cook faster.
Always adjust to taste and add more salt if needed.
- Serving Size: 2-4
- Calories: 350
- Sugar: 8.6g
- Sodium: 892.2mg
- Fat: 29.2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 23.2g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: carrot ginger soup, vegan carrot soup, easy carrot ginger soup