This homemade vegan cashew pesto is oil free, quick, & easy to make! It's dairy free, gluten free, perfect for pesto pasta!
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 2 cups fresh basil (loosely packed)
- 1/2 cup baby spinach (loosely packed)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup water (start with 1/4 cup and adjust as needed)
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon brown mustard or dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (adjust to taste)
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor and process until you achieve a smooth texture, scrape the sides as needed. Start with less water and gradually add more until you reach the desired consistency.
- Use it immediately or store it in the fridge for 30 minutes for the flavors to develop before serving.
I recommend using a food processor instead of a blender for the pesto texture.
If the vegan cashew pesto is too thick, you can add more water slowly.
Always adjust to taste and add more salt as needed!
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 112
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 224.2mg
- Fat: 8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 7.2g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: vegan spinach pesto, cashew pesto, dairy free cashew pesto, homemade vegan pesto