This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
This homemade vegan chipotle mayo recipe is so easy to make and also perfect for spreading on sandwiches, dipping roasted potatoes, vegan potato cakes, vegan corn fritters, or crab cakes! In addition, this vegan chipotle aioli is gluten free, spicy, creamy, and quick to make!
This dairy free and egg free recipe is made with homemade vegan aquafaba mayo just like my vegan sriracha mayo, garlic aioli, and thousand island dressing recipes. If you don't want to make your own vegan mayo, you can also use store-bought.
Before we jump into the recipe, let's talk about how you can customize it and learn some tips.
What is vegan chipotle mayo made of?
I make homemade mayo from aquafaba so that's what I use. You can also buy vegan mayonnaise at the store.
We will be using the adobo sauce from a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. I don't usually add the chipotle peppers because it doesn't make it as smooth and creamy.
I only use 1 clove because raw garlic can be overpowering. You can also adjust the measurement to your liking!
Freshly squeezed lime juice gives this sauce a tangy flavor so I don't recommend omitting it. I don't recommend using a bottle version either because I don't think it tastes fresh.
Cumin & Smoked Paprika
Smoked paprika is my favorite spice and it works great in this vegan chipotle sauce. Also, adding a little bit of cumin gives more flavor.
How to make it
- All you have to do is to add all the ingredients in a bowl and then mix it well. But always adjust to taste and add salt or make the adjustment if needed! You can serve it right away or place it in the fridge for 30 minutes for better flavor.
- You can add more adobo sauce if you like it spicier but keep in mind the spice level.
- Place it in the fridge for 30 minutes because it helps flavors to develop.
- Always adjust to taste and add salt if needed!
How to serve vegan chipotle mayo
- Dip fishless crab cakes, vegan potato cakes, or vegan corn fritters
- You can also spread it on black bean quinoa burger or sweet potato sushi roll
- Dip roasted potatoes or roasted sweet potatoes
- Also, add it to sandwiches, BBQ Jackfruit pizza, or wraps
How to store vegan chipotle mayo
You can store it in the fridge, covered, for up to 4 to 5 days. When it gets colder, it will also get thicker.
This homemade chipotle sauce comes together in less than 5 minutes and also it is very easy. It is also:
- Gluten free
- Perfect for many plant based dishes
- Smooth and Ultra Creamy
- Also so delicious!
More plant based sauces & dips to try
So, did you make this? I’d love for you to leave a comment and rate the recipe. You can also share your photo of the recipe on Pinterest and tag me on Instagram using @avocadocentric or #avocadocentric! xo, SelinPrint
This homemade vegan chipotle mayo recipe is so easy to make and perfect for spreading on sandwiches. It’s gluten free, creamy and quick to make.
- Add all the ingredients in a bowl and mix it well. Adjust to taste and make the adjustment if needed.
- Serve it right away or place it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Add more adobo sauce if you like it spicier.
Place it in the fridge for 30 minutes for flavors to develop.
Always adjust to taste and add salt if needed!
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 68
- Sugar: 0.2g
- Sodium: 154.7mg
- Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 6.4g
- Carbohydrates: 0.8g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Protein: 1.2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: vegan chipotle sauce, vegan chipotle aioli, homemade chipotle mayo