This homemade vegan chipotle sauce is creamy, smooth, spicy, quick, and so easy to make! It's dairy free, gluten free, perfect for dipping fries or adding it to sandwiches or veggie burgers!
- 1 and 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce plus 4 tablespoons of the adobo sauce in the can (start with less and adjust to taste)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon to 1/2 teaspoon salt (adjust to taste)
- Add the cashews to a bowl, cover with boiling hot water and soak for at least 15 minutes. Rinse and drain.
- Add the soaked cashews, water, garlic, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, lemon juice, maple syrup, smoked paprika, and salt in a high speed blender, blend until very smooth and creamy.
- Serve immediately or store it in the fridge for 30 minutes to cool before serving.
If the sauce is too thick, you can add more water.
Always adjust to taste and add more salt as needed!
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 165
- Sugar: 1.9g
- Sodium: 78mg
- Fat: 11.9g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 9.4g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: dairy free chipotle sauce, cashew chipotle sauce, vegan chipotle dip