This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
These vegan coconut balls are so addicting, simple, and also naturally sweetened. In addition, these coconut energy bites are, easy to make, healthy, quick, gluten free, and no bake!
These coconut bliss balls are made from just 6 main ingredients and also all pantry items like almond flour and shredded coconut. Since you do not have to bake them, they come together so fast just like my vegan peanut butter balls, chocolate coconut date balls, almond butter energy balls, peanut butter energy balls or date and walnut energy balls.
I always make a big batch of these weekly and keep them in the fridge because they are perfect for a post-workout snack. These coconut energy bites are also great as an afternoon snack and breakfast on the go!
Before we jump into the recipe, let's talk about how you can customize it and learn some tips.
How to make vegan coconut balls
Almond flour gives an amazing texture and also keeps it gluten free. I don't recommend using almond meal because it's very different than almond flour.
It is the main ingredient for this recipe because it gives the flavor and smell. I also use it to coat them so they taste great and look pretty!
Maple Syrup & Vanilla Extract
We will be using maple syrup for this recipe instead of refined sugar. Also, adding a little bit of vanilla extract really works with the flavors.
Salt & coconut oil
I like putting a little bit of salt since it brings the sweetness out. I also add coconut oil because it makes the balls roll a lot easier!
How to make it
- First, add all the ingredients into a food processor and then blend until you have a sticky dough consistency.
- Next, you can use a cookie scoop or your hands and then scoop out 1 tablespoon amounts of the mixture to roll into balls between the palms of your hands. Optional: Empty a small amount of shredded coconut into a plate and roll the energy balls around to coat with shredded coconut.
Tips & Variations
- You can add some cacao powder for a chocolate flavor.
- If you like them to be firmer, you can place them in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Make sure to blend the ingredients well so you don't end up with big pieces.
Do vegan coconut balls need to be refrigerated?
They should be chilled to firm them and store them but they are fine at room temperature as well for a day.
How to store vegan coconut balls
These will keep in the fridge for up to 1 week and in the freezer for up to 2 months.
It takes less than 10 minutes to make these quick, healthy, and also no bake snack. They are also:
- Perfect as a sweet treat
- And delicious!
More plant based sweet recipes like this
- HOW TO MAKE GRANOLA (HEALTHY & EASY)
- BANANA ICE CREAM RECIPE
- PEANUT BUTTER ENERGY BALLS (HEALTHY & NO BAKE)
- VEGAN KEY LIME PIE (GLUTEN-FREE)
- GRANOLA BARS RECIPE (NO BAKE & HEALTHY)
- HOW TO MAKE A SMOOTHIE BOWL
- BAKED OATMEAL RECIPE
So, did you make these? I’d love for you to leave a comment and rate the recipe. You can also share your photo of the recipe on Pinterest and tag me on Instagram using @avocadocentric or #avocadocentric! xo, SelinPrint
These vegan coconut balls are so addicting, simple, and naturally sweetened. These coconut energy bites are, easy to make, healthy, quick, gluten free, and no bake!
- ¾ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 4 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- ⅛ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Add all the ingredients into a food processor and blend until you have a sticky dough consistency.
- Use a cookie scoop or your hands and scoop out 1 tablespoon amounts of the mixture to roll into balls between the palms of your hands.
- Optional: Empty a small amount of shredded coconut into a plate and roll the energy balls around to coat with shredded coconut.
Add some cacao powder for a chocolate flavor.
To make them firmer, you can place them in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Make sure to blend the ingredients well so you don't end up with big shredded coconut pieces.
- Serving Size: 12
- Calories: 125
- Sugar: 4.8g
- Sodium: 27.7mg
- Fat: 8.1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 7.4g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Protein: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: coconut bliss balls, coconut energy balls, vegan coconut energy bites