This vegan curry ramen recipe is quick, spicy and so easy to make. It is gluten free, made with coconut milk perfect for weeknight dinners.
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 cups shitake mushrooms (sliced)
- 4 green onions (chopped)
- 1 cup baby bok choy (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons Thai red curry paste (adjust as needed)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons fresh ginger (minced)
- 2 tablespoons tamari (sub for soy sauce if not gluten free)
- 5 cups water or broth
- 1 (13.5 ounces) can full fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 8 ounces gluten free ramen noodles (sub for regular ramen noodles)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- In a large pot or dutch oven over medium heat, add the toasted sesame oil and when the oil is hot, add the mushrooms, cook for about 30 seconds. Add the tamari to the pot, cook for 2 to 3 minutes until mushrooms are soft.
- Add the green onions and bok choy into the pot, cook for 2 more minutes.
- Now, add the Thai red curry paste, garlic, ginger, and cook for 1 minute. Add the broth or water, coconut milk, maple syrup, and turn the heat up to boil and then lower to medium low heat.
- Add the ramen noodles into the pot and cook until the noodles are soft or according to the time on the package directions.
- Turn the heat off, add the lemon juice into the pot, stir well and enjoy.
If this ramen is thick, you can add more water/broth.
The broth is spicy so keep that in mind. You can add less Thai red curry paste if you don't enjoy strong flavors.
If you want to make it spicier, add chopped Thai chilis.
The type of noodles you use will affect the cooking time and consistency.
You can add tofu, carrots or other veggies but keep the proportions the same.
Always adjust to taste and add salt or more tamari if needed.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 221
- Sugar: 7.7g
- Sodium: 981.7mg
- Fat: 17.6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 13.8g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Protein: 5.3g
- Cholesterol: 1.1mg
Keywords: ramen soup, curry soup, noodle soup, ramen noodle soup, vegan curry noodles, vegetarian curry ramen, vegan ramen,