This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
This easy vegan falafel bowl recipe is loaded with your favorite Mediterranean toppings so you can satisfy your Middle Eastern food cravings! It is healthy, gluten-free and quick to make so it's perfect for a weeknight dinner or meal prep.
I usually make a big batch of healthy air-fried falafel and freeze them so I can make this easy dinner. If you haven't bought an air-fryer yet, you are really missing out because it's amazing!
I really love making these bowls because it is customizable so everyone can put whatever they want in it. You can swap the ingredients with different ones easily, and then you'll have a different bowl every time.
WHAT IS FALAFEL
It is a well-known Middle Eastern dish made out of chickpeas or fava beans, herbs and spices mixture that is formed into balls so it can be deep-fried for a crispy texture. Here is my favorite easy vegan falafel recipe made out of canned chickpeas!
How to Make an Easy Vegan Falafel Bowl
So there are only a few plant-based ingredients to make this delicious, simple and healthy bowls. Just gather all the ingredients in a bowl and mix it well before eating.
This recipe is a great way to sneak in leafy greens so I used kale for mine and massaged it well with a little bit of lemon juice. But you can change up the greens as you like.
Cucumber Tomato Onion Salad
This is my favorite cucumber tomato onion salad so I find excuses to use it anywhere I can. It is so easy to make and it tastes delicious.
Hummus & Tahini sauce
Garnish your easy vegan falafel bowl!
You can garnish them with radishes, kalamata olives, parsley, and freshly squeezed lemon juice. You can also serve it with a side of pita bread.
Falafel Bowl Tips & Variations
- You can make your falafel bowl more filling by adding grains such as quinoa, bulgur, rice or millet. I personally go for quinoa falafel bowls since it is gluten-free and I always have some cooked cilantro lime quinoa in the fridge.
- If you don't have a lot of time, you can also purchase the hummus and tahini sauce in the store. Whole Foods have really good freshly made tahini sauce and hummus in the salad bar section!
- You can also add cauliflower rice to keep these bowls ultra healthy! To make it spicy, I put my favorite hot sauce on top and I'm good to go.
This dish comes together so quickly and it is very versatile. It is also:
- Perfect for weeknight dinners
More plant-based bowl ideas to try
- VEGAN BUDDHA BOWL RECIPE (EASY & GLUTEN-FREE)
- STUFFED SWEET POTATOES (VEGAN & HEALTHY)
- VEGAN BURRITO BOWL (EASY & HEALTHY)
- MEDITERRANEAN QUINOA SALAD (VEGAN & EASY)
- VEGAN PAELLA
So did you make this? I’d love for you to leave a comment and rate the recipe. You can also share your photo of the recipe on Pinterest and tag me on Instagram using @avocadocentric or #avocadocentric! xo, SelinPrint
This easy vegan falafel bowl recipe is loaded with your favorite Mediterranean toppings! It is healthy, gluten-free and quick to make so it's perfect for a weeknight dinner or meal prep.
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 batch easy vegan falafel
- 1 serving cucumber tomato onion salad
- 1 serving best creamy hummus (or use store-bought)
- 1 serving tahini sauce (or use store-bought)
- 1 serving vegan tzatziki (optional)
- kalamata olives
- freshly squeezed lemon juice
- pita bread
- Prepare the falafel according to this easy vegan falafel recipe.
- Prepare the cucumber tomato onion salad and set aside.
- Prepare the homemade hummus (or use store-bought)
- Prepare the tahini sauce and vegan tzatziki sauce.
- Chop the kale into small pieces
- Divide the kale between the bowls, add falafel, cucumber tomato onion salad and hummus. Top with tahini or vegan tzatziki sauce and garnish with kalamata olives, radishes, parsley and freshly squeezed lemon juice. Serve with pita bread. Enjoy!
Prep ahead and freeze the falafel dough.
Add quinoa or other grains you would like.
Massage the kale with lemon juice.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 385
- Sugar: 6.4g
- Sodium: 768.7mg
- Fat: 17.9g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 48.3g
- Fiber: 11g
- Protein: 13.4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: how to make falafel bowls, falafel bowl recipe, vegan falafel bowls, easy falafel bowls, mediterranean bowl recipe