This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
This homemade vegan garlic aioli sauce recipe is so easy to make and also perfect for spreading on sandwiches, dipping roasted potatoes, potato cakes or crab cakes! In addition, this garlic aioli is gluten free, creamy, quick to make and is the best!
This dairy free and egg free vegan aioli is made with homemade vegan aquafaba mayo just like my sriracha mayo and thousand island dressing recipes and also lots of garlic! If you don’t want to make your own vegan mayo, you can use store-bought as well.
Before we jump into the recipe, let’s talk about how you can customize it and learn some tips.
What is aioli?
Traditionally, it is a sauce made with oil and garlic and also some cuisines add egg yolks. Many people use mayonnaise as a base and then add the flavors.
How to make vegan garlic aioli
I make homemade mayo from aquafaba so that’s what I use. You can also buy vegan mayonnaise at the store.
Garlic & Garlic powder
We are using both because it will make this recipe very garlicky. But you can adjust the measurement to your liking!
Freshly squeezed lemon juice gives this sauce a tangy flavor so I don’t recommend omitting it. I don’t recommend using a bottle version either because I don’t think it tastes fresh.
You should just start with a pinch of salt and then adjust to taste. You might end up adding too much salt if the mayo is already salty so keep that in mind.
How to make it
- All you have to do is to add all the ingredients in a bowl and then mix it well. But always adjust to taste and make the adjustment if needed! Place it in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving.
- You can use roasted garlic or add chipotle seasoning for spicy garlic aioli. You can also add dijon mustard for a tangy flavor.
- Chop the garlic very small or mince so you don’t end up with big chunks. You can also blend everything in a blender if preferred.
- Always adjust to taste and add salt if needed!
How to serve vegan garlic aioli sauce
- Dip fishless crab cakes
- Spread it on black bean quinoa burger or white bean burger
- Dip roasted potatoes or roasted sweet potatoes
- Add it to sandwiches, BBQ Jackfruit pizza or wraps
How to store vegan garlic aioli
You can store it in the fridge, covered, for up to 5 days. When it gets colder, it will also get thicker.
This homemade recipe comes together in less than 5 minutes and it is very easy. It is also:
- Better than store-bought
- Smooth and Ultra Creamy
- Also so delicious!
MORE plant based sauces & dips to try
So, did you make this? I’d love for you to leave a comment and rate the recipe. You can also share your photo of the recipe on Pinterest and tag me on Instagram using @avocadocentric or #avocadocentric! xo, SelinPrint
This homemade vegan garlic aioli sauce recipe is so easy to make and perfect for spreading on sandwiches, dipping roasted potatoes or crab cakes! It’s is gluten free, creamy, and quick to make.
- 1/2 cup homemade vegan aquafaba mayo (sub for store-bought vegan mayo)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Pinch of salt (adjust to taste)
- Add all the ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- Adjust to taste, add more salt if needed. Place it in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving.
Use roasted garlic or add chipotle seasoning for spicy garlic aioli. Add dijon mustard for a tangy flavor.
Chop the garlic very small or mince. You can also blend everything in a blender.
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 67
- Sugar: 0.2g
- Sodium: 180.8g
- Fat: 6.4g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 1.2g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Protein: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: vegan aioli, garlic aioli, vegan garlic aioli