This homemade vegan hollandaise sauce is creamy, smooth, satisfying, quick & so easy to make! It's dairy free, gluten free, healthy & perfect for vegan eggs benedict, roasted vegetables or potatoes!
- 1/2 cup raw cashews (soaked)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 4 cloves garlic (sliced)
- 2 tsp arrowroot ( sub for corn starch)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened plant based milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp brown mustard
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt (optional: use kala namak/black salt for eggy flavor)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- Place the raw cashews in a bowl, cover with hot water and soak for at least 15 minutes. Drain and rinse.
- While the cashews are soaking, heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat and sautee the garlic for a minute (you can use the same saucepan to heat up the sauce later).
- Add all the ingredients including soaked cashews and sauteed garlic in a high speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the sauce in the blender to the saucepan and warm it up over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes until it thickens. Serve immediately.
Make sure to use a high speed blender otherwise it won't be smooth and creamy.
If the sauce is too thick, add more milk.
Cook the sauce until you reach the consistency you like.
Always adjust to taste and add more salt as needed!
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 160
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 397.2 mg
- Fat: 12g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 10.1g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 4.1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: dairy free hollandaise sauce, egg free hollandaise sauce, vegan hollandaise sauce recipe