This vegan one pot pasta is creamy, simple, healthy, and easy to make. It's made with creamy tomato sauce, mushroom and spinach!
- 1 tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 yellow onion (diced)
- 5 cloves garlic (minced)
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 cup pasta sauce
- 3 1/2 cups water or broth
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 12 oz brown rice pasta (sub for regular pasta)
- 3 cups baby spinach
- Heat a large dutch oven or pot over medium heat and add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the onion and cook until soft for a few minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook for a few more minutes.
- Add the garlic, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, salt and saute for 1 minute until it's fragrant. Add the pasta sauce, nutritional yeast, water or broth, and bring it to a boil.
- Add the uncooked pasta into the sauce and lower the heat to medium-low. Cook the pasta 12 to 15 minutes until soft, stirring every 2 to 3 minutes (the bottom will burn if you don't). When it's cooked, turn off the heat and add the spinach and mix until wilted.
- You can serve as is or add vegan parmesan cheese on top and pepper to taste!
Important: If you stop stirring it while cooking, the bottom will burn.
If the sauce is too thick and pasta is not cooked, add more water/broth. Cooking time will depend on the kind you are using.
Add vegetables such as bell pepper, asparagus broccoli.
Always adjust to taste and add more salt if needed!
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 261
- Sugar: 6.5g
- Sodium: 856.4mg
- Fat: 8.8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 42.9g
- Fiber: 5.7g
- Protein: 8.9g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: vegan one pot pasta recipe, one pot mushroom pasta, vegan mushroom pasta one pot