This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
This homemade vegan parmesan cheese recipe is the best because it’s satisfying, quick, and also so easy to make! In addition, it’s plant-based, gluten-free and so versatile!
After you make it, you’ll want to put it on everything so be warned! This DIY vegan parmesan cheese recipe takes 5 minutes and also so flavorful.
It is really a great way to add more salty and also cheesy flavor to many plant-based dishes. It’s made from pantry items like cashews and nutritional yeast so you can make it anytime!
Before we jump into the recipe, let’s learn some tips on how to make this delicious cheese alternative.
What is vegan parmesan cheese recipe made from?
So, there are different ways to make the vegan parmesan cheese recipe. We will be using cashews and nutritional yeast because it makes the texture and flavor similar to traditional ones.
How to make vegan parmesan cheese
We will be using raw cashews for the base so we can achieve the texture we need. I don’t recommend using roasted cashews because it will change the flavor.
Nutritional yeast will give this DIY vegan parmesan cheese recipe that cheesy flavor so I don’t recommend omitting it. You can also add more for more cheese flavor if you prefer.
Adding garlic powder gives it so much flavor. You can also add more if you really want that garlicky taste.
I usually use pink Himalayan salt but feel free to use regular sea salt. Also, always adjust to taste, it may need more salt!
How to make homemade vegan parmesan cheese
- First, add all the ingredients in a food processor and then pulse until you have the desired texture. It is very important to not over blend it because it will have a paste texture. Serve immediately or save for later.
What do you use dairy-free parmesan cheese for?
- Add it to caesar salad.
- Top chili cheese fries , spaghetti with lentil meatballs and lentil bolognese with it!
- Sprinkle on top of mac and cheese or BBQ jackfruit pizza!
- Also, give a cheesy flavor to sweet potato boats.
Tips & Variations
- This makes a big batch so if you need to make less, you can cut the proportions in half. But you will probably need a smaller base food processor to blend it since you have less ingredients.
- Avoid over blending it, pulse it.
- Always adjust to taste, add more salt if needed!
How long does vegan parmesan cheese last?
You can store it in the fridge, covered, for up to a couple of weeks so it’s for meal prep!
Can I use different nuts to make it?
You can use different nuts such as walnuts but I think cashews give the best flavor and texture.
Can I make nut free vegan parmesan cheese?
Yes, you can use pepitas (pumpkin seeds) or sunflower seeds to keep it nut free but the texture will be different.
This homemade parmesan cheese comes together so quickly and it is very easy and versatile. It is also:
- Perfect for meal prep
- Gluten-free and dairy-free
- Also so delicious!
More plant-based sauces & dips to try
- BEST TAHINI SAUCE (EASY & CREAMY)
- AVOCADO CREMA (HEALTHY & EASY)
- SOUR CREAM (EASY & SOY-FREE)
- THAI PEANUT SAUCE (5-MINUTE)
- RANCH DRESSING
- CAESAR DRESSING
So, did you make this? I’d love for you to leave a comment and rate the recipe. You can also share your photo of the recipe on Pinterest and tag me on Instagram using @avocadocentric or #avocadocentric! xo, SelinPrint
This homemade vegan parmesan cheese recipe is the best because it’s satisfying, quick, and so easy to make! It’s plant-based, gluten-free and so versatile!
- Add all the ingredients in a food processor, pulse until you have the desired texture. Don’t over blend!
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge.
This makes a big batch so if you need to make less, cut the proportions in half. But you will probably need a smaller base food processor to blend it since you have less ingredients.
Avoid over blending it, pulse it.
Always adjust to taste, add more salt if needed!
- Serving Size: 16
- Calories: 55
- Sugar: 0.4g
- Sodium: 148.9mg
- Fat: 4g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 3.4g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: how to make vegan parmesan, vegan parmesan cheese, cashew parmesan cheese