This vegan peanut curry is the best because it’s healthy, plant based, made in one pot, and so easy to make! It’s quick, gluten free, made with coconut milk, chickpeas, sweet potato and perfect for meal prep!
- 1 tbsp avocado oil (sub for olive oil or coconut oil)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tbsp ginger (minced)
- 3 tbsp vegan Thai red curry paste
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large sweet potato ( peeled & cubed)
- 1 (15.5 ounces) can chickpeas (rinsed & drained)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 can ( 13.5 oz) full fat coconut milk
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup water (adjust to preference)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- For serving, cilantro or parsley and chopped peanuts
- In a large pot or dutch oven over medium heat, add the oil and cook the onions until caramelized.
- Add the garlic, ginger, salt, Thai red curry paste, tomato paste, saute for another minute until fragrant.
- Add the sweet potatoes and chickpeas, cook for 2 more minutes. Add the coconut milk, peanut butter, maple syrup and water, bring it to a boil, cover, lower the heat to simmer and cook for 20 to 25 minutes until sweet potatoes are soft.
- Turn off the heat and stir the lime juice. Garnish with cilantro or parsley and chopped peanuts. Serve with rice.
If the sauce is too thick, add 1/4 cup of water at a time.
Make it spicy by adding cayenne pepper.
Add other veggies such as carrots, green beans, or bell pepper.
Always adjust to taste and add more salt if needed!
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 310
- Sugar: 8.1g
- Sodium: 530.9mg
- Fat: 21g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Fiber: 5.1g
- Protein: 8.1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: vegan peanut curry, vegan chickpea curry, vegan sweet potato curry, vegan chickpea and sweet potato curry