This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
This vegan pear crumble is dairy free, gluten free, and also so easy to make! Vegan pear crisp is the best because it’s healthy, customizable, and perfect for breakfast or dessert!
This recipe is loaded with wholesome and also plant based ingredients like oats and nuts. It’s a great breakfast alternative just like my baked blueberry oatmeal but also perfect for a healthy dessert like my berry crumble, blueberry crumble or peach crisp.
These ingredients work so well together but you can always customize it. You will not believe how easy it comes together and it tastes and smells amazing!
Before we jump into the recipe, let’s talk about how you can customize it and learn some tips.
How to make Vegan Pear Crumble
You can really use any kind of pear you like but make sure they are ripe. When they are ripe, they are naturally sweet so they taste great.
To keep this gluten free, we will be using gluten-free oats but feel free to swap it for regular oats. You will need to make sure to use rolled oats and not instant so keep that in mind.
Maple Syrup & Coconut Sugar
We will be using both maple syrup and coconut sugar but you can sub for brown sugar if you like. It gives a nice sweetness but is not overwhelmingly sweet.
I used walnuts but you can use pecans instead. You can also try using other nuts, it gives this a great crunch and texture.
Almond flour is great for gluten free baking so we will be using some. It really helps with the texture and also the taste of the crumble on top.
Dates & Arrowroot
We will be adding dates because they give an amazing sweetness and texture! Since pears release moisture, we will also add some arrowroot to thicken it.
Coconut oil, cinnamon and lemon juice
I used coconut oil but you can use another neutral oil if you like. Also, adding some freshly squeezed lemon juice provides a tangy flavor. We’ll be adding cinnamon for the filling and topping because it gives a great taste and smell.
How to make it step by step
- The first thing we will need to do is to preheat the oven to 350 F. And then add the pears in an 8 to 10 inch greased oven-safe cast-iron skillet or 8×8 (or 9×9) size casserole dish. Add the filling ingredients and then mix well.
- You can add the crumble topping ingredients in a bowl and then mix well.
- Now, top the filling with the crumble topping evenly and then bake for 45 min to 50 min until the top gets crispy and also golden brown.
Tips & Variations
- You should make sure to check while it’s baking so the top doesn’t burn.
- To make it sweeter, you can add more maple syrup or drizzle some after it’s baked if you like.
- For serving, you can add some dairy free vanilla ice cream!
How to store vegan pear crumble
This pear crumble is perfect when served warm but you can also store it in the refrigerator, covered, for 2 to 3 days. It won’t be as crispy on top but you can warm it up in the oven at 350 F before serving.
This vegan pear crisp is very easy and versatile. It is also:
- Perfect for breakfast or dessert
- Dairy free & Gluten free
- Healthy & customizable
- Also so delicious!
More plant based sweet recipes to try
- HOW TO MAKE GRANOLA (HEALTHY & EASY)
- BANANA ICE CREAM RECIPE (HEALTHY & VEGAN)
- PEANUT BUTTER ENERGY BALLS
- VEGAN KEY LIME PIE (GLUTEN-FREE)
- VEGAN ENERGY BALLS
- GRANOLA BARS RECIPE
- HOW TO MAKE A SMOOTHIE BOWL (VEGAN)
- HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS (EASY & QUICK)
- NO BAKE BROWNIES
So, did you make this? I’d love for you to leave a comment and rate the recipe. You can also share your photo of the recipe on Pinterest and tag me on Instagram using @avocadocentric or #avocadocentric! xo, SelinPrint
This vegan pear crumble is dairy free, gluten free, and so easy to make! Vegan pear crisp is healthy, customizable, and perfect for breakfast or dessert!
- 5 ripe pears (sliced)
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs arrowroot
- 1 tsp coconut oil for greasing
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1 1/4 cup rolled oats (gluten free if preferred)
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup dates (about 5, chopped)
- 4 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Add the sliced pears in an 8 to 10 inch greased oven-safe cast-iron skillet or 8×8 (or 9×9) size casserole dish. Add the filling ingredients (coconut sugar, lemon juice, arrowroot, cinnamon) with the pears and mix well.
- In a medium bowl, add the crumble topping ingredients (walnuts, oats, almond flour, dates, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, cinnamon) and mix well.
- Top the filling with the crumble topping evenly and then bake for 45 min to 50 min until the top gets crispy and golden brown. Top with dairy free vanilla ice cream for serving.
Keep an eye on it while it’s baking so the top doesn’t burn.
To make it sweeter, add more maple syrup or drizzle some after it’s baked if you like.
For serving, add some dairy free vanilla ice cream!
- Serving Size: 6-8
- Calories: 451
- Sugar: 40.6g
- Sodium: 6.6mg
- Fat: 14.4g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 67.4g
- Fiber: 9.1g
- Protein: 6.5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: pear crisp, pear crumble, gluten free pear crumble